YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let everyone know about a problem that I found so no one makes the same mistake.... I recently hardwired my GPS and xtra light to my 450. There is a wiring harness that sits right on top of the battery with one available hot post. How convenient!! After hooking into it my bike ran very poorly, backfired, and got my headpipe red hot within about 30 seconds of rough idle. Quickly backtracked, took off my connection and the bike now runs great again. Not sure if that electrical post will play with the timing/cdi or?? But it can't be good either way! Rehooked to the battery directly and all is well (thank god!). Hope to see some of you in Glamis this weekend -- leaving tonight for 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That's funny, my lights run off the spare spade in the harness and haven't had any problems. You're talking about the four post harness with two fuses on either side right? I'll check it out this weekend with an o-scope and see what draw there is across that post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the one...Has me stumped also - let me know what you find out on the scope. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts