YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first quad, 2016 YFZ450, and I'm looking to buy some paddles. I've read through most of the threads on here and other forums for info. I called Fullerton Sand Sport and he recommended a 21x12-8 (6 or 7 paddle) Hauler Extreme.

I'm 170lbs, would be riding Oregon dunes and the bike is stock for now with the big 3 on the way. Is there really a difference between 6 and 7 paddles as far as normal dune riding goes? Is there a need to change sprockets to run sand paddles? At what point do paddles start to do more harm then good?

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
Fullerton is correct, That's the right combo for the Oregon dunes. We run 7 paddle extremes, stock gearing on ours. Over paddling is a problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fullerton is correct, That's the right combo for the Oregon dunes. We run 7 paddle extremes, stock gearing on ours. Over paddling is a problem.
Will there be a difference in 6 to 7 paddle for cutting in and out off trees and getting around the sand trails?

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
6 will give you more spin from what I was told, we haven't had any issues with tree shots and trails with the 7's. We don't ride Sand Lake so no experience there but no issues at the others.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Skat-Traks for the win. When I was in a shop in Phoenix, that's what we sold the most. They do cost more than most tires, but theyre the absolute best sand tires I've ever seen.:yesway:

Its been a while since I had to think through what size and paddle numbers you should run, and I can't remember at the moment...:hmm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts