YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the scam artist selling YFZ450's on ebay has gone to far this time. He is currently offering my YFZ for sale and even has pictures of my daughter in his auction. Jesus H, what the hell can be done about this a hole. First, 8 months ago he stole my Raptor pics off my website and auctioned it on ebay (SCAM), and now he took the pics of my YFZ and daughter and is auctioning them off now! Man, Im pissed, here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443523648

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
That is crap, you would think that by now Ebay would have caught on to this. I also think that they are stealing folks Ebay accounts, to sell these. I heard that somewhere.

What would have really sucked is if he would have said that was his kid :nono

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
That is incrediable people try that w00ter. Did you notify E-Bay? That guy has 261 feedback and 100% positive. You would not think he'd be a scammer, guess it shows feedback does not mean a whole lot!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
feed back does mean a whole lot but like pahrump said they steal accounts to do these things, one major sign for a scam is the acceptance of cashier checks/money orders only, i repeat that is one MAJOR sign, beware of sellers only accepting thoes forms of payments, a buddy of mine was scammed for a large some through ebay, after many hours and days of research i found a lot of info on scams that go on at ebay.com. you can notify ebay about it all they will do is close the account they will not even bother tracing the ip adress because they will not be found unless ebay wants to spend a ton of money, scammers use what are called proxy's which it is like connecting to a server then from that server connecting to the adress of choice, when the ip is traced back it will go back to the server and no further, when they "hijack" a ebay account they change the acceptance status like takeout the paypal from the auction so no one pays with paypal and will usually put the item at a buyitnow so someone just clicks it emails them and send out the check, everything will happen within a couple of days by the time the account holder knows what happened the check had already been received and cashed, now you say, goto the adress the check was sent to? wrong, they usually use anonymous p.o.boxes anonymous because they where opened with fake id's and fake information or they will use an empty house for the check to be mailed to and there are no links to anyone, what is a shame is that thousands of people fall for these scams, and they lose out on there hard earned money with no way of getting it back, the fbi has done a few bust but they do not get involved until a large sum is involved and that large sum is way up in the scale of around 50k sorry for a long post but just wanted to shed some light on thoes that dont know jack about what goes on, just becareful and if something sounds to good to be true dont go for it

·
Registered
631 Posts
it would be nice to catch all of these scammers & take them all out to a friendly quad part & run their happy a$$es over a few thousand times :angry

andy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Nov 17 2003, 02:42 PM
lets send them  over to Irac as suicide bombers!
:eek :wtf :nono :disgust

·
Registered
834 Posts
Good job of following up. (the auction is closed) These pricks have been doing this for too long, and have taken alot of money from innocent people. Ebay even looses thier listing money because the account is not thiers. They look through accounts until they fiind one with an easy password, then change the email notificatioin, and they have an identity.
Never buy a big ticket item without escrow.

Another scumbag ripoff artist = Item # 2443584657

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Originally posted by HwTrader@Nov 17 2003, 06:56 PM
Good job of following up. (the auction is closed) These pricks have been doing this for too long, and have taken alot of money from innocent people. Ebay even looses thier listing money because the account is not thiers. They look through accounts until they fiind one with an easy password, then change the email notificatioin, and they have an identity.
Never buy a big ticket item without escrow.

Another scumbag ripoff artist = Item # 2443584657
well they dont look for ones with easy passwords i can tell you what they do and i have seen a few of the sites with my very own eyes, they harvest a list from ebay members and then create a "scam page" they send out a convincing email getting them to follow links on the email and the link will take them to a page that looks exactly like a ebay webpage then they will fill out the information and submit it, once submitted the info goes to someones server or email then the user that was fooled into filling it out will be redirected to the actual ebay site and they will think nothing of it same deal with credit card fraud and online banking accounts, just watch what you fill out

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had a guy call me one to tell me that some guy was trying to sell my Grizzly on Ebay. In the back ground of one of my pictures was my web site, so he looked it up and called me. These people are morons. At least they are dumb enough to put the price so low that you have to wonder.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've been having fun with the guy selling the one for $2900 on ebay right now.
I keep asking him if he accepts escrow, and he goes into this whole speach about how I will have the quad at my doorstep in 3 days if I will just wire the money to Portugal.
He actually thinks he is going to convince me that he will send the quad :lol
I keep asking questions and wasting his time. It is hilarious. :blah

I sent an email telling him I was glad he decided to accept the escrow thing, and would wire the money today to www.escrow.com He got all "Hold on, you must use western union for this transaction" like, and I backed off.

He is alot of fun to %$CK with if any of you want to ask a few questions. He is loosing his restaraunt in Portugal if he does not sell right away. Maybe the food sucks?
Have fun :D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2443584657

His email is [email protected]

·
Registered
212 Posts
Uh you know you have to look at a lot of things when buying on ebay definatly if you are bidding on a out of country quad for only a thousand bucks....do you think man what a scam or dude thats a great deal??? :blah :nono

I only accept cashiers checks or money orders its guarenteed funds.....I dont need someone sending money to a pay pal account haveing to wait 7 days to get my cash and Im not going to bump the account up to the professional or what ever they call it and let ebay have their chunk and then let paypal get a piece to...not worth it... :nono

And no I havent ever scammed anyone and I dont plan on it .....people saying that cashiers checks or money orders only are scam artists are giving the little guy like me a bad name..... :angry

I like gueranteed funds !!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah the guy also put your yfz450 on atvtrader.com it's amazing that these european hindu's,****** and all the other nationality's think they can get away with it i sell on ebay and i alway's have some indonesian idiot trying to give me a stolen credit card number how stupid can u be u can't be poor and smart and think your going to get away with fraud so now i don't even use paypal for over seas customers just money orders :angry

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Originally posted by wood4you@Nov 19 2003, 07:01 PM
Uh you know you have to look at a lot of things when buying on ebay definatly if you are bidding on a out of country quad for only a thousand bucks....do you think man what a scam or dude thats a great deal??? :blah :nono

I only accept cashiers checks or money orders its guarenteed funds.....I dont need someone sending money to a pay pal account haveing to wait 7 days to get my cash and Im not going to bump the account up to the professional or what ever they call it and let ebay have their chunk and then let paypal get a piece to...not worth it... :nono

And no I havent ever scammed anyone and I dont plan on it .....people saying that cashiers checks or money orders only are scam artists are giving the little guy like me a bad name..... :angry

I like gueranteed funds !!!!!!
well many many people think someone accepting only cashier checks and money orders is planning on scamming, and i guess you havent been hit with a fake cashier check or money order yet, you can say you prefer check or money order but also give the option of paypal, it will make buyers feel more secure

·
Registered
212 Posts
see that that good deal....I get the money order or cashiers check take it to the bank they say this is no good then I know not to send the product and report it to ebay and to whom ever .... 8)

I already pay ebay to sell my stuff.....I WILL NOT PAY paypal to handle the money....

to many hands in the cookie jar :O the way I see it if they dont want to bid because I dont have pay pal dont bid I dont care Im not out to scam people

just dont give the people that use the cashiers check or money order a bad name :nono

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Originally posted by wood4you@Nov 20 2003, 07:20 PM
just dont give the people that use the cashiers check or money order a bad name :nono
ok i wont i guess if anyone has a few braincells left they can figure out whats a scam or not, for example, a 7k dollar quad for 3k dollars? it doesnt sound right so hold your money

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most of the scammers, how they steal your use ID on ebay, is they have the Pre-approved bidding only...im not sure but once you email them they automaticaly recieve your name and password...then they jsut use that with all of the positive feedbacks, im nto sure if this is 100% accurate, but i know its close

·
Registered
834 Posts
The reason for the pre approved bidding is so he never actuallty has an ebay transaction (buy it now)

He avoids ebay alltogether by telling you (and 4 other guys) to send him the money. The listing stays up so he can sucker other people. I would buy it now in a second just to screw with this a-hole b/c he has nothing to sell.

As for the feedback, he changed his profile in the last 30 days. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE WHO CHANGES HIS PROFILE WITHIN 30 DAYS.

Never wire money overseas.
Buy from people who have feedback for the item you are buying.

This doofus stole a screen name with nothing sold (period)
The person he is impersonating bought shoes and stuff.

Money orders and cashiers checks are not the issue. Paypal sucks major weenie for many reasons, but at least the seller is held accountable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts