YFZ Central banner

Easy LED Pod Mounts

12K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  trentonhermann6 
#1 ·
Well guys I just installed some LED pods on my 2006 yfz450 and I found a really easy way to mount them in the stock headlight location. I don't have any pictures at this moment but if anyone wants pictures I can get some tonight just let me know.

Anyways what I did was take the stock headlight bracket that is bolted right by the upper front shock bolt on either side of the bike (10mm) I swapped each side to the other and then tweaked the mount a bit with some pliers to get the LED to sit exactly where I wanted it. It probably took me about 10 minutes or less to get the stock lights off and the LEDs mounted and it involved no fabrication of anything new. Just thought some of those who are not so savy with fabrication might want a little tip.

#3 ·
Great, Yes post some pics

#5 ·
So heres some pictures guys, it pretty simple I added notes on the pics but in short just take the left side mount and put it on the right side and the right on the left grind off the stock nut that is not needed I got lucky enough that the bolt ended up being able to squeeze through the hole that was left so that I did not have to drill it out.

#6 ·
Got a pair of pods sitting right next to me on my desk. I'll be giving this a shot this weekend. thanks.

#8 ·
How did you wire them?

#9 ·
I wired them straight to the battery, positive goes to a switch and then to the lights, negative goes straight from the battery to the lights, that way I can turn them on if the bike is off, I just zip tied the stock plugs under the plastics in case I change my mind.

#12 ·
Well I installed the trail tech stator to get a full dc set up. I didn't want to keep replacing lights. I also added four led pods . Two on the stock switch and two on a switch wired two the battery.ran it at sand mountain for two days and no problems with the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.