YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I eneded up with a dynojet kit anyone else useing these jets & needle?
No pilot-s in the kit ?
Geno

·
Registered
192 Posts
I tried it and ended up trashing the whole thing. It is so much easier to get the yz450f dirtbike needle, main jets and a couple pilots. The needle they supply you with in the dyno jet kit seems like you can't ever find a good position on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the kit and personally i don't like it. I found no problem in using the needle but the jets are a different story. It only comes with mains and you must use their supplied adapter. Also i'm kind of partial to their jet sizing, i think they go by the size of the jet rather than how much it flows. Kind of easy to throw you off on your jetting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got it and it works fine had no problem besides i am going to go to a 45 pilot because it seems to lean on botom.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Alright, STUPID QUESTION, I'm used to a 2-stroke, How exactly do you tell if its too lean, besides the smoke color, by the way it handles/sounds ? Please help, I could tell how it was on my Blaster, but this is different. I probably cant tell if its too rich or to lean cuz its in a good spot. Bone stock 450, about 3-4 hours on it, 93 octance gas, if any of that helps. Thanks alot for any info.

- Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts