YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if they make a Dyna or Dyno or something like that digital ignition system for the YFZ? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hasn't been any call for them, but you can call them and ask. Dyna is the best out there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I saw that vortex has ignition out for the yfz and trx in their add in the new dirtwheels. That has the handle bar mounted switch for 2 different maps and then on the box there is 10 different settings.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I would like to know what these do for you? do they get you more grunt and power or something? is the vortex worth the buy and do they hurt your engine at all?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by CTYfzrider@Oct 5 2003, 09:16 PM
I would like to know what these do for you? do they get you more grunt and power or something? is the vortex worth the buy and do they hurt your engine at all?
it wont hurt ur engine......... u can adjust them to give you more power at certain RPM's....... and on the vortex........ it has a handlebar switch for 2 different settings and u can make one of them be for the holeshot....... then when u get goin....... flip the switch for mid-range :rock ........ its pretty cool....... and the Vortex will raise your RPM's to 11,700 instead of 10,750 :rock

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Vortex is gonna be ~$400.00 US. I just talked w/ them (Duncan) last week. They (Duncan) are running them on their own machines, but might not have them available for another couple of weeks - in the US that is.

I talked w/ Dyna a couple of months ago and they said they wouldn't even look at it until the machine had been out for a year or so. Now that's what the guy said, but with all the YFZ hype, I'll bet they change their mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts