YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been tossing up between the durablue eliminator or the team industries setup with the integrated hubs.

opinions anybody????????

:moose 450

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
POS :lol ..... dnt waste ur time man.... they are junk.... defnitely go w/ the Team Industries :rock

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so know it all,tell me what the problem is with them?? :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by moose450@Feb 17 2004, 10:33 PM
so know it all,tell me what the problem is with them?? :lol
:lol str is correct..... they are too brittle.... they bend/break very easily and do not stand behind their "warranty" they even say that hav in the first place..... most pros do run RPM, but the LSR is is great too :rock

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
go with RPM if you are racing or just plain want the axle that will give you no problems

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hopefully their splines are better than the lsr pos splines.

Geoff.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would not get the Durablue Eliminator. Not strong enough and has a bad warranty. I have bent LSR's in the past. Never had an RPM but I hear good things about them. A friend of mine has one and it has been fine, though the first one he bought was delivered a little bent. They replaced it with no problems right away and even overnighted it and sent the defect back after. That was cool but may say something about quality control. I baught a Durablue X-33 about 4 years ago for my trike. that thing as been through hell and back and is still laser straight. I have one on the YFZ also. It wieghs 12-14lbs, adjustable to +4" in less than 10min with pin drive bolts, comes with hubs and posi lock nut and has a lifetime warranty. I will never by any other axle. The only experience with Team is with my 03 Predator. The stock axle is made by Team. I liked the integraded hubs. It was strong and never gave me a problem and that was a heavy machine.

·
Registered
741 Posts
durablue AKA DURABEND AKA DURABREAK AKA DURACRAP
i think you get the point :lol
Mike

·
Registered
400 Posts
Go with RPM. When I get the money, that is what I am going to buy.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
durablue is no good from what i have experienced...well the people i talk to. i only know one person who had one and it bent. if the team ind. is the axle that comes on the pred, i wouldnt get it either. heard stuffa bout it bending also. get rpm, but if you dont feel like spending all the $$ get lonestar.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have owned all except for RPM. IMO the Durablue X-33 and only the X-33, not the HD or eliminator, is the best axle if money is not an issue. If you want to save some coin go with RPM.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Durablues break instead of bending, you can't finish a race with a broken axle (or get back to the house from the woods) I strongly reccomend a RPM axle, they have a great axle and great customer service quoting Tom Callahan from Tommy Boy "a guarentee is only as good as the person writing it" think of that and then READ THIS

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have seen Durablue's bend and splines twist. I have an X-33 on my 88 R and have had no problems at all. I have also seen an LSR replace the Durablue and have not had any trouble out of it(severe motocross use). Rpm and Team have only heard great comments on them, but have no personal experience with them. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Spend your money and be happy.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i have seen 2 x33s break when used for moto croos its is a hollow axle so if you over stress it it will break not bend :O if its breaks your going to get body slammed but if it bends youll just be shaken i have a lonestar but wish i wouldve gotten the rpm its only 40 bucks more

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah i got a durabend ...freakin thing came bent to me in the mail i tryed sedning it back thye said they would fix it it if wasent to bad....so ity was sent back then they said it was to bent to be fix so they sent me a new one..i bent that and then they said 250 for a new one ...wtf is that ......id go with the rad axle :lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let's be honest about the situation here. The best axle for you depends on your individual situation.

There are a few factors to consider:
1. Type of riding you will be doine
2. Weight of rider
3. Budget

Here's how I would break it down.

You'll be OK with a DuraBlue if you weigh less than 150, ride trails, and are flat broke.

You should get a LSR if you weigh less than 180, ride trails or occasional MX, have a little money to spend, and can be without your axle for a couple of weeks if you bend your axle. LSR is very good about straightening their axles when they bend.

You should buy an RPM if you weigh more than 180, ride heavy MX, or are not able to do without your ride (any one single factor is enough). More than likely the RPM is not going to bend, but be assured that they have the best warranty in the business. I ride very hard MX three times a week and weigh 200 lbs. I'm still using a RPM Dominator from my 250R setup that is about five years old. I ride it hard, very hard, and it is perfectly straight.

As for price, the LSR Axcalibur is listed for $410 on their website (LSRacing.com). If you call RPM (team-rpm.com or (928) 771-9363), ask for Troy and tell him I sent you. He will send you one out for the same price, with free shipping. Then you won't have to worry about bending one.

thanks,
.brit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts