YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm a little skeptical to be honest. The claim of 10 hp increase, (-4ish for upgraded intake). We'll have to see how the general community reacts to this pipe. I know yoshimura makes a great full system, and it looks good too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live by Duncan racing and had friends who wouldn’t use any other exhausts but theirs but no one has tried on the fuel injected YFZ or the new national pipe.
I ordered a HMF for this new 2021 then HMF messed up my ordered so now I’m rethinking.
Between DASA, Duncan, HMF and Rossier R5. The owner from Rossi seems really chill and he actually has dyno results for his pipes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I know for a fact that Dasa, Yoshimura and Rossi are really great brands, the difference in power between them would be very slight and marginal, so it's really what you see in it.

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
7 Posts
I live by Duncan racing and had friends who wouldn’t use any other exhausts but theirs but no one has tried on the fuel injected YFZ or the new national pipe.
I ordered a HMF for this new 2021 then HMF messed up my ordered so now I’m rethinking.
Between DASA, Duncan, HMF and Rossier R5. The owner from Rossi seems really chill and he actually has dyno results for his pipes.
Brooo I was torn between Dasa, RonWoodRacing and Rossier for exhaust but after 1 phone conversation with David, the owner of Rossier, I was sold by his knowledge and expertise, his happiness to explain to me what he makes and why he makes it, and the fact of his warranties, and that he will include a silencer and spark arrestor FREE of charge with his exhausts. He sold me on the R4 for a few reasons- the R5 is basically a lighter R4. The R4 has been tried and true to work very well with stock and fully built engines. The R5 has not been proven yet because its R&D is so new. Also the R4 allows you to run a silencer and spark arrestor at the same time, whereas the R5 only allows you to run one or the other at a time. There are design developments that differ from the two but not enough to make the horsepower of either much more significant than the other.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up buying the Rossi, I’ve been talking to David for a few days now also and he said Garrett from FCI has been wanting to dyno his new r5 and that’s where I planned on taking my quad to get dyno’d so seems to work out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome, if you are able, post the dyno results when you get them for everyone to see. I’m curious to see what the results are. Should be a nice power increase. :)

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
39 Posts
Finally got my Rossier R4 in the mail yesterday. As JD alluded to, David is awesome to talk to and he does in fact send the silencer and sparky upon request at NO COST.
Installed it last night and decided to try it without the sparky or silencer and holy hell was that thing loud!! I saw a YouTube video of a guy talking about it a while back and he was saying he'd have to wear ear plugs in order to ride and I didn't believe him.....until last night. This thing is insanely loud without the silencer in it. I couldn't imagine riding anywhere publicly without having the silencer in it. And believe me, I live right down the road from a biker bar and I hear Harley's riding by all day and night, this quad with this exhaust (minus the silencer) would stand out if it were running with a pack of Harley's. The neon yellow option they offer matches my quad perfectly too (picture to follow) so couldn't pass on it and I'm happy I didn't.
One more thing...getting the silencer and sparky in & out is pretty simple too. If you kept it in your back pack with an allen key you would have no problem making the adjustment on the fly.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
39 Posts
Here’s why I say you don’t need that box cover. This is my quad covered in mud and then here’s a pic of the air box that I didn’t clean View attachment 94341 View attachment 94342
Yeah I took it off already. After putting the quad all back together and getting the seat back on, I realize it’s pretty well tucked in under there. I’m about ready to break her in here real soon, just waiting on the tire and rim combo to arrive and then it’s on like Donkey Kong!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts