YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The friends of Dumont Dunes will be holding our annual cleanup the weekend of March 13th.

A raffle and party afterwords. those interested, a run to Stateline, Nevada.
If anyone would like to donate a prize to (the free) raffle please PM me, I'll get it to the organizers.

We understand the argument of:Why clean up the Dunes after others? We take this point of view:

Several Extreem Environmental groups that are well funded by the Sierra Club are attempting to shut Dumont down. They've suceeded in closing off major portions of the riding area.

In addition to other sham reasons, they point to the condition of the dunes left by users.
So we the users keep it clean.

Glass containers of any kind are banned, but Corona and long neck Bud(tire ruining)bottles can occasionally be seen as you ride the dunes.

No poker run this year, it's insurance cost is out of line.

It's not a strenous butt kickin job, just dedicated people gleaning the dunes for debris. A good chance to meet the movers and shakers of the duning world.

Bags and gloves provided, last years was really a fun time followed up by a fun party.

- Ross Paid up working volunteer member of:

American Sand Association/ Friends of Dumont Dunes /friends of Sand Mountain / Laughing Skulls Motorcycle club/ USMC Viet Vet

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We'll be there! :rock

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm gonna try to get off work for it but I don't think that's gonna happen........ if it was on a monday or tuesday I'd be there with bells on but it's not so I probably won't. But who know's what will change between now and then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts