YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HOPE U UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN, HERE THEY SALE DUBLE SIDE PIPE FOR THE 450 FROM COMPANY CALL LTE??? ANY IDEA :uhoh

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
the dual pipes from looney tunes exhaust manufactuer? Yes they do have a dual system for the yfz.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
This has been posted before but the same question still applies. What would be the benefit of dual exhaust?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Feb 29 2004, 12:14 AM
This has been posted before but the same question still applies. What would be the benefit of dual exhaust?
the answer to that question is easy. look's, sound, and unneeded weight. Besides thoes 3 reasons i have no clue

·
Registered
63 Posts
You are splitting the exhaust with a y pipe and running it into seperate headpipes and silencers...essentially doubling your silencer area without having to severely restrict the outlet size or use baffles. They have proven to be very quiet and far less restrictive than other quiet systems. Randy is in the process of doing dyno runs on the completed production exhausts and will do noise tests too(per industry std.) I am curious to see the #'s on both. I have seen these exhausts on a mildly built raptor racing comp hill at oregon...this machine was impressive !! There is also a big name engine builder currently under contract with another pipe mfr who says these are the best system he has tested....look for him to be running LTE next season.
The big downer is you are basically buying two pipes so they are on the expensive side and I imagine they would be heavier than a single system. Guess we will just have to wait and see !!!! :)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by imaduner@Mar 2 2004, 09:51 PM
You are splitting the exhaust with a y pipe and running it into seperate headpipes and silencers...essentially doubling your silencer area without having to severely restrict the outlet size or use baffles. They have proven to be very quiet and far less restrictive than other quiet systems. Randy is in the process of doing dyno runs on the completed production exhausts and will do noise tests too(per industry std.) I am curious to see the #'s on both. I have seen these exhausts on a mildly built raptor racing comp hill at oregon...this machine was impressive !! There is also a big name engine builder currently under contract with another pipe mfr who says these are the best system he has tested....look for him to be running LTE next season.
The big downer is you are basically buying two pipes so they are on the expensive side and I imagine they would be heavier than a single system. Guess we will just have to wait and see !!!! :)
Mickey Dunlap said he likes these better than WB.

I still say that if you need a quiet pipe than its good but otherwise you are just adding unnessary weight, and weight that is high on the quad on top of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts