YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this is suppose to do? I assume its some kind of intake???

This is the description:
· Power Now for the 4 strokes are machined from aluminum with a
stainless steel plate pressed in.
· Improves snap right from idle and pull up to mid throttle. Reduces
stalling and clutch use when negotiating tight trails.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres some more info I found on it

"The Power Now, is fast becoming known as the "best power product you can buy for your bike under $100". It's gives idle to midrange torque on four strokes and idle to increased top on two strokes. It is being used or tested by Factory Kawasaki, Kawasaki Europe, Factory KTM in America and Europe, Suzuki offroad, Larry Rossler, Team ECC and others.
It's the best new product of the year and was given a score of 9.5 out of 10 in DirtRider Magazine. For $99.95 for 2 strokes and $99.95 for 4 strokes, get the performance increase no other product can give you for this price "

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Can't remember who I heard it from, but they are starting to use them on the custom Harley's for more power, and are suppose to be real nice, and a noticable increase.....But that is second hand info, so takeit for what it's worth. :disgust

Personally though, I'm always WFO on the gas... :lol :re

·
Registered
625 Posts
this is what my main man James Dean has to say about the power now. he would now.

"I've run the Power Now with the jetting kit and it ran great. The power-now richens the air-fuel mixture slightly below half throttle by blocking airflow, but not enough to need a jetting change normally. If there were an adjustment, it would be to move the needle a clip position leaner but only after trying the standard setting first.

The YZ450F gained mostly on the bottom and top and slightly in the mid-range. The power delivery is best described as smoother. There aren't any lags and surges, just linear acceleration with the throttle. The owner loved how it was hooking-up and lofting the front. I liked how the bike didn't stall as easily in tight turns and the instant response at every throttle position. The jetting was tailored to match this carb by modifying the standard EKP/EJP needles to avoid the weak/lean transitions and resulting over-rich settings to compensate. The fuel transitions earlier, hits the same mid-range, and trails off later in the throttle range for top-end revs.

James"

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dad put one on his machine last week and says that it made a very noticeable difference. He just raced it for the first time this Sunday and said the power was great - suspension needs some work - but the motor ran really well.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by grswr@Aug 26 2003, 08:44 AM
My dad put one on his machine last week and says that it made a very noticeable difference. He just raced it for the first time this Sunday and said the power was great - suspension needs some work - but the motor ran really well.
does it go between the carb and airbox boot? If so did it go on without any trouble or modifying of the intake tube betwwen the airbox nad carb?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, he said it went on very easily - just unbolt the air box, loosen the boot, and pull everything back from the carb. The device slips on the carb bell and you tighten it with a set screw. No aparent problem getting the boot back on.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Aug 14 2003, 05:27 PM
its in the mail :re
Not calling you a liar or anything, but are you sure you've got my address right? It still hasn't shown up......... :wtf :what

:lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
2-2.5 hp gains to the mid throtle nothing above 1/2 throtle though. :|

1 - 20 of 35 Posts