YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did water pump impellar along with oil change and filter. Now notice a slight clutch drag while riding. With clutch all way pulled in doesn't seem like releasing fully. Free play ok. clutch grabs just fine, normal. Shifts ok. No slipping. Possible using Mobil 1 synthetic 10-30 the issue? Didn't notice issue before. Also first time changing oil. Bought used. Put swing arm up on block and wheels drive with clutch pulled in and in gear. Starting ok in gear, not jumping forward. Need help from u experienced owners please...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would guess its the oil. Not necessarily wrong, but different than what you had in there. When the oil is cold and thick it is harder to break the surface tension of the oil on the clutch plates. When warmed up, I would bet it doesn't do this as much. Make sure you don't have too much free play too.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Im unfamiliar with mobil 1 certifications but is it JASO-ma certified for safe use in wet clutch engines??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made rookie mistake.. used auto oil. Was only ridden in first gear for short time. Hopefully didn't mess those clutches up. Got the proper oil now. Hopefully just changing oil will fix.. should I disassemble the clutch pack ? Or just.change oil and hope for best?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you bought used, there's a chance the steel plates could be old and have a little warp. Do you know how fresh the clutch pack is? You can change the oil and try, I think whatever is done is done and you won't harm anything if its good while riding, shifting etc, like you said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.