YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK OK!!! This is my first post here but i have read just about every post in this forum i think. lol Well anyways heres is my ?. I have a yfz as does my friend and as far as mods mine are: DMC Alien Exhaust, No lid, K&N air filterw/ outerwear, 170 Main, 45 pilot,2.5 turns on screw,JD needle on 3rd position, and iridium plug. My friend has; No lid, 165 main, 42 pilot(too lean i know but he is a atv mechanic and says it idles fine so why change it), stock turns on screw, stock muffler with middle took out,and stock needle settings. We are at around 2200ft and i weigh in at about 160 lbs and him at 220 lbs,and we both run 93 octane. SHeesh glad thats over with.LOL Well anyways we have dragged numerous times and both rode each others quads and i can never start gaining on him till 5th gear. When i ride mine it barely seems like mine pulls better in every gear but we are pretty much tied till i get to 5th then i gain a little just barely :disgust but a little and that is on my quad and then i change to his and its about the same. :evil So the overall response i am wondering is do any of you have any ideas what my problem is jetting, screw turns, needle position, by all means tell me cause i am lost at this point to me i think i should leave him by at least 1 quad length but its not the case and as far as gear changing i dont wait till the rev. limiter i change gears fine and he says he can't tell ANY difference in the way mine is to his so HELP me i thought after me buying exhaust i might get a good advantage but at this point i am thinking i should have bought some KY jelly and went into buying this stuff bent over... WELL SORRY TO TAKE UP ANY OF YOUR TIME BUT I REALLY HAVE READ EVERYTHING ON HERE AND AM LOST NOW.. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.. :yfz

C

·
0 Posts
Your problem is jetting. use you buddies jetting settings and you should be able to beat him. :D

This may be the rides abilty to shift. :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Find a dyno!!! If you have any doubts, dyno the thing. Usually dynos can give you tq,hp and a/f. That will tell you EXACTLY what kind of power you are making and where your a/f ratio is at. When you do dyno it, use the same setup that you are going to use when riding.

Also check tire press.
Maybe try running in top gear to see if someone pulls away
Just my $.02
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts