YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drag races locally in the summer months and had pretty good success this past year on the YFZ450. I want to make it as fast as possible with as little $ possible.

It would be nice to keep it fairly reliable as well.

She currently has baffle removed, cam mod, and Uni Airfilter and runs about 5.5 in 300ft on dirt. It would be nice to get her under 5.0 for next year.

I was looking at the Dynatek ignition and thinking NOS might be the cheapest way to get to 5.0. Also, considering port/polish and maybe a 42 or 45MM carb. I don't really want to run Alky since you have to drain the gas after every ride!

If I can get to 5.0 I would most likely have to get a wheelie bar or extended swingarm or she may not get on it :D

I heard the ESR pipe may be the best on to get for drag racing but I don't know anyone running it yet. Anyone on here buy one?

I would like to know your opinions on what setup would be best to ensure I don't spend too much $ on mods that only have minimal gains like the high compression piston. I don't really want to go to an engine builder as I think their kit prices are somewhat pricey. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Well, if you don't want to go with alky I would say a good pipe, Sparks, Thunder Alley (only $350 for complete system), or ESR (higher than Giraff Pu$$y). Then do the head port and 13:1 piston at the same time to save gaskets cost and labor time.

All that with dead-on-nuts jetting and loosing some more weight off the bike should put you at 5.0 and below easy.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
BTW the DynaTek is not out yet for the YFZ. Should be released around Feb/March.

But I have one, for testing and to report back to Dyna. :D

Really helps out with the Methanol cause I can advance the timing and move the entire curve around anywhere I want.

·
Registered
152 Posts
do the cam mod your self
pipe, curtis sparks and tc supposabley are the best (tc to loud)
rotax intake with out air box kit
14:1 piston
nos dont ask me
+2 swing arm
and lighten up that fat pig(brakes are not needed j/k)
good tires very important(smaller fronts)(better rears)
bigger balls or more beer same thing
rev box
more beer
good grips(to hold on)
more beer
save up and they have 470 kits
no more beer(dont want to get dq'ed for crossing lanes)
thats all

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yeah I forgot about the intake, that is important. Get either the Ron Woods one for $150+ or get the ESR one like me for $65.

Both will be a good inprovement over stock.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Actaully some mentioned brakes are not needed and said just kidding. Most drag banshees in Glamis really do remove their brakes, only th fronts thou...

They also drill small size holes throught the frame to lose weight..

Take off the lights

Take off the rear parking brake

Take off the heel guards

Take the battery out and get a kick...

Take front bumper off

Cut the plastics so you get less drag

For sure take them stock wheels off and get some douglas 120 rims or cut rims from RIS deisgns (not strong but light... great for sand or just drag racing) Depending on where you are draggin you may not want lighter wheels...

RIS Aluminum +2 drag swing-arm (they sell a moto one which is strong and a drag one which is not as strong but light as hell)

get rid of that heavy stock pipe and order a after market.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts