YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's 2012 has never ran all that great and after a disappointing trip to st Anthony dunes I decided it is beyond my skill to figure this thing out. Problem is I am in western Montana where the dealers have never seen a yfz let alone tune one with a slip on and various elevations. Anybody know a shop that could handle this within a couple hours of Missoula or a owner that I could pay that knows the mikuni? Or should i buy a kehin? Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
2012 YFZ 450, big 3 for mods.
1 Posts
My son's 2012 has never ran all that great and after a disappointing trip to st Anthony dunes I decided it is beyond my skill to figure this thing out. Problem is I am in western Montana where the dealers have never seen a yfz let alone tune one with a slip on and various elevations. Anybody know a shop that could handle this within a couple hours of Missoula or a owner that I could pay that knows the mikuni? Or should i buy a kehin? Appreciate any suggestions.
I run the HMF recommended settings in my 2012, which is only a 165 main (everything else factory), open air box, and a Pro Circuit T-4 slip on. I ride at fairly low elevation, and it runs pretty much perfect. The HMF jet kit came with 3 main jets: 160, 165, 170. Maybe at elevation, the 160 main and open air box might be the solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts