YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy me a pipe to put on my yfz 450 i dont no which pipe to get. i think i mite go with the dmc becuase it is supose to give it 9.9 peak horsepower. put is that waht i should look for if i want power. because i dont want to buy one and there is something out there that well give it more power. and i want it to be loud. so what should i go for?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I am looking at the DMC also.
The website lists the DMC as 9.0 HP with stock jetting.

I think the Sparks lists at 11.5 HP, no reference to jetting though so I don't know.

Not sure what Alba claims theres to be, not listed on the site. There might be some info under :search , but I haven't looked for it.

I think HMF was around 10 HP.

You may want to :search a little more either with MFG sites or in the archives for more info. (Not ragging on you to search, just a suggestion) :)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Search is very powerful...

Everyone has an a$$hole right? well everyone will have a different opinion about pipes.

If you want the most top end power period go with the ESR pipe

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by yfz matt@Feb 24 2004, 01:08 PM
yea but i believe sparks is with rejetted, air filter kit, and cam modes.
that proves pahrumps point right there :lol :sucks

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have a dmc i am not saying its the best but my bike seem to have more top end tham same modded bikes with other pipes fmf sparks and hmf. i also weigh 250 with gear so i am almost always have 50-75lbs on most.

the cost isnt too bad i might switch to another pipe once i can see some dyno numbers or technical data to change to another. i also am seeking mid to high end numbers.

fair warning the dmc it very loud. louder than any other i have heard. this is due to the can is about 1 ft long but looks are deceiving. the packing only goes down 6 inches.

but the sound natzis havent busted me yet :lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Had the Alba now I have the DMC. They both feel as if they perform about the same. The DMC seems a bit smoother. The Alba was a bit louder though.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
A loud pipe sounds fun but can get very annoying after a while. A buddy of mine bought a LoudA$$ pipe a couple years ago and now he HATES it!! It didnt produce much more (if any) power than his old Alba pipe but has gotten him into plenty of problems. He can't even tune it up in the driveway without the cops coming to visit. Theres alot to consider when your in the search of (The Loudest).

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
im biased towards sparks. makes great mid range and pull like a freight train to teh top rpm range. for all out bottom end, you cant beat tc and for all out top end, nothing holds a handle to esr.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Duncan on my bike. It is very well built and has a life time warranty. It is not as loud as the big gun pipe on my raptor. I am very pleased with this pipe and its performance. All I have on my YFZ is the pipe, air filter and jetting. Not even the cam mod has been done and it walks all over my 250R with a Duncan power valved national level engine. I considered the Hmf and Sparks but from everything I read they seemed like they wopuld be too loud for my tastes.

ccstrebe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually I ride my quad with a Sparks and a 180 main jet with unocal 110. Great combination. Howling machine. But your neighbors will hate you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i have a lrd pipe on my polaris predator and i have seen great performance out of it..also they look bad azzzzzzzzz.sweet..the price i think i decent but i loved the pipe its moer of bottom end pipe if u ask me a more woodsy pipe but neways its a great pipe :red :red :red

1 - 20 of 22 Posts