YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see rocky mountain atv has different weight flywheels for yzf's to help w/ stalling in the tight stuff. will one of these work on the yfz? and what weight do you suggest. i race xc and harescrambles. our wnyoa series run in some pretty tight stuff. and one of the guys in our series smoked a clutch in his third race. any help would be great.
they offer 7oz,10oz,13oz, and 16oz. also says traction is improved.
thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know the specific weight, but You already have a much heavier flywheel than a YZF. The Quads have the flywheel and lighting components off of the WR engine.

I'm sure the flywheel would bolt on, but I think it would probably hurt more than help.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by BigAl@Nov 21 2003, 03:36 PM
I don't know the specific weight, but You already have a much heavier flywheel than a YZF. The Quads have the flywheel and lighting components off of the WR engine.

I'm sure the flywheel would bolt on, but I think it would probably hurt more than help.
No, it won't work. The crank is 2mm smaller on the YFZ compared to the YZ. There's several companies working on them for us woods guys. If you've never raced in the woods, you would not understand. Several of the Top pros are using them. I spoke with Santo Derisi today and he said Baldwin is supposed to have something soon. I do know Trailtech should have there's ready soon too.

Fred J.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The TrailTech wieghted flywheel is already available. It also incorperates better magnets for higher voltage output. I dont remember the exact price, but it was around 110.00-120.00.

His post is in here somewhere with the exact price.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i might as well wait. sounds like this is going to be available soon from several companies. like the sounds of stronger mags. for higher voltage since the battery is so small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts