YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since most of the stuff we need to know (important) has been answered. I got a question about something that's been bugging me. Does anyone have tight clutch & throttle cables with the trail tech medium bend bars. Turn your wheels in one direction and tell me if your cables are pretty tight. If you had this problem what did you do to correct it, if anything?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i put some renthal twin walls on my wheeler and i got the sam prob ......sucks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
take off the front plastic and take the wires out of that thing they are in. that will give them some slack.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by mudspot440@Feb 2 2004, 01:53 PM
yank on them! they have slack!
8| :nono :nono :nono

Or cut the cable in the middle... :O You will then have lots of slack... :lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by CTYfzrider@Jan 31 2004, 06:08 AM
take off the front plastic and take the wires out of that thing they are in. that will give them some slack.
Do what he said - kind of. There is a big loop that all of the cables/wires go through. Leave that alone. Below that are two separate smaller guides for the clutch and throttle - one on the left, one on the right, right above the radiator. Bend them up a little with a screwdriver and take the cables out. Bend them back down so the cables don't rub. Should give you plenty of slack.

- Scott

·
Registered
812 Posts
This thread got me worried. I just sent my high bends back today (because they pulled the cables way too hard) for some medium bends. Am I still going to have problems with the medium bend? I don't want to have to send them back again.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm running Tag T2's with a LSR +1 antivibe stem and all i did is pull the clutch cable off and slide it out of the brackets it's in on the frame and came up from under the tank instead of all of the cable guides and it works fine. i installed the yz450 cable at first, but don't have my new clutch setup yet so had to revert to stock. the yz cable won't work with the stocker. you can make it fit, but it won't disengage the clutch fully

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I pulled the cables out of the guides on the frame right beside the steering stem. There is also a bracket on the motor which holds them. I loosened that and pulled it up a hair and tightened it. It has enough to turn both ways. There is not an excess but enough that I am no longer conserned. I do not know why I didn't do that sooner. I guess I was just lazy and didn't want to mess with the plastics. Why I don't know it's so easy. Like I said lazy!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts