YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am thinking of the cam mod, where do i getthis and how much is it? wil this rip with a full gytr exhaust prodesign k&n filter and properly jetted? I want to be able to beat raptors and banshees no problem dragging.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 04flamedyfz@Nov 21 2003, 12:04 AM
I want to be able to beat raptors and banshees no problem dragging.
Depending upon what they've got, it may take more than the cammod.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My bike with the Yoshi exhaust, Noss intake,cam mod and proper tunning smokes raptors with intake, exhaust and jets. banshees are another story some yes, some yeah!! right!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know that I'm pleased with the results from doing the cam mod and I think that you would be too if you are looking for some more snort on top for dragging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered the Cam Mod and I was wondering if I have to rejet for this upgrade. I was also wondering if anyone has rode a quad with the white bros carbon pro pipe and silencer? :yfz

·
Registered
503 Posts
what do you mean "you just ordered the cam mod?" i thought it was just a simple step of taking the cam and advancing the timing 1 tooth on the exhaust cam? what are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by wildtxn@Nov 21 2003, 11:11 PM
what do you mean "you just ordered the cam mod?" i thought it was just a simple step of taking the cam and advancing the timing 1 tooth on the exhaust cam? what are you talking about?
Youre right...doing the mod reguires that. But hes probably saying he bought the YZ cam and is doing the mod in that fashion. I say u shoulda saved the dough. But i guess its just a matter of preference. Rotating the YFZ cam woulda did the trick just fine. It did for me....but either way u do it...its gonna haul ass :evilgrin :evilgrin

·
Registered
264 Posts
RETARD not as in handicapped

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by 04flamedyfz@Nov 21 2003, 10:01 PM
so where and how much is it?
I ordered mine from www.cam-mod-etc.com man worked great and easy to install. I think I only paid like $45 bucks plus shipping.

:stupid

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OK :lol :blah

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was a 250r man my whole life. Last week I was about to finish my brand new Walsh Racecraft 250r, when my brothers friend baught a YFZ450. I just took it down the street and was hooked. I instantly made a few calls and sold my 250r and just got my YFZ a couple of Days ago. I have a couple of questions.

1) The cam mode that was on the video clip is the one on this web sight that give yo ustep by step instructions right?

2) I usually do my own wrenching but I am not fimilar with the 4 strokes. If this is the cam mod you are taking about. How do I know when the cam tensioner is adjusted right.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
1) yes ist the same

2) it automatically adjusts, you just have to release it.

Read the manual, if you don;t have it download it from bluetraxx.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was told that I had to order a whole new YZF 450 cam to do the mod. He told me that the auto decompression release would not work right if I didn't switch to the YZ cam.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Sanman@Nov 23 2003, 08:33 PM
I was told that I had to order a whole new YZF 450 cam to do the mod. He told me that the auto decompression release would not work right if I didn't switch to the YZ cam.
Just rotate the stock exhaust cam its works fine, I have had ZERO problems with mine.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
:O Well maybe that is mine runs great no matter how I ride it cause my throttle with the Vortex Twisty on is like an on-off switch.

But that ok with me cause I either go or don't, no reason to putt. :lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts