YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 yfz450r and bought a full barkers exhaust system but before I bought it I did some research and it said that no tuner was needed but to just take the air box lid off. But i don’t know if it’s running lean or not and to know if I need to buy a tuner if I have to buy one I would like it to not be that expensive.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You will need a tuner. Get a vortex ecu no if ands or buts and I’d also recommend replacing the oem slipper clutch basket to a 09 basket. The new baskets fail and destroy the motor. Welcome to the yfz family lol

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
47 Posts
I second the Vortex hands down and YES ON THE 09 CLUTCH BASKET. ABSOLUTE MUST!!! My clutch basket just failed on my 2019 4 weeks ago and is in the shop as we speak for the next couple months having the engine rebuilt. DON'T test your luck just replace it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any time you change the way a motor breaths especially on these super choked up machines like the 450r you need a tuner or rejet. You run the risk of damaging and shorten the life of your motor running lean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need a tuner. Get a vortex ecu no if ands or buts and I’d also recommend replacing the oem slipper clutch basket to a 09 basket. The new baskets fail and destroy the motor. Welcome to the yfz family lol
Ok I’ll try and figure things out lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts