YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
don't have one, but there was a post awhile back about them. Try :search it'll have plenty of info for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awsome pipe :O

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have a dmc i am not saying its the best but my bike seem to have more top end tham same modded bikes with other pipes fmf sparks and hmf. i also weigh 250 with gear so i am almost always have 50-75lbs on most.

the cost isnt too bad i might switch to another pipe once i can see some dyno numbers or technical data to change to another. i also am seeking mid to high end numbers.

fair warning the dmc it very loud. louder than any other i have heard. this is due to the can is about 1 ft long but looks are deceiving. the packing only goes down 6 inches.

but the sound natzis havent busted me yet

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what pipe do u think is the best if u dont think that one is. i dont think u really need any more bottom end because u can only hit the gas so hard now with out it coming up on two wheels. so why whould u want bottom end.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by yfz matt@Mar 2 2004, 09:44 PM
so what pipe do u think is the best if u dont think that one is. i dont think u really need any more bottom end because u can only hit the gas so hard now with out it coming up on two wheels. so why whould u want bottom end.
i completely disagree :nono ..... i saw get as much power as u can handle...... if ur sitting on the quad correctly and know how to ride...... the front end will not come up..... the pros front ends hardly ever come up.... and most of them actually run a stock length swinger on a YFZ.... when they come out of a turn, theyre sliding, not slowly going around it then punching it which would make the front end come up.... constant throttle is much better than a sudden "hit"

·
Registered
257 Posts
was that question for me? i have heard the esr makes good top end but hard to know for sure with both or more pipes with you and your bike and a dyno. plus most peak dosent always mean most overall or fastest for what your doing with your quad. (i.e. drag racing, moto-x etc)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what pipe would u get for trail riding and drag racing. what do u all think about LRD do you think its better then DMC.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i would get a tc for trails just from what i have read but depends on your riding style and if you like to bog the machine a gear high or if your a on the pipe type rider.

i dont know much about the lrd but if i was going to buy another pipe for drag racing i would try the esr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts