YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these?

What's the feedback on it?

I :search 'ed and only found reference to Woodward maybe stocking them.

Are they good? Bad? indifferent?

I am looking at the Sparks, HMF, and FMF also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ESR or HMF

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
i have sparks in stock....

here is some info on the DMC... but they are in stock at the warehouse, i dont stock the DMC though.
DMC Info
then click on new product on the left

then DMC info.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If sound is an issue, I wouldn't go with the DMC. I was looking at them also. At dumont a guy in our group had a 400 with one and it sounded sweet, and very loud.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i dont like dmc dayt much.... i hate it how its like weird looking like the fat boy... sorry, but i would go for sparks or yoshi!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback.

The DMC actually lists as 9hp with stock jetting, ...so I can only think that it will be more when jetted...that might be wrong though..

I do like the Sparks,..lists at 11hp...(I think :what , been looking at so many, might be mixing all the numbers up)..

Thanks again.

ORA

·
Registered
474 Posts
Forgot to metion, when I was riding, behind the DMC on the 400, I could literally feel the exhaust hitting my chest. Once again, it sounded sweet and loud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run a DMC ALIEN full exhaust system on my YFZ and can tell you it positively rips!!. I chose this pipe because I have seen one on a crf and liked the look and sound and they are quite unique. The full system also comes with a heat shield which is important to me because pants and boots have already fallen victim to stock pipe. No leg melt with DMC. Fit and finish was excellent and hardware was all top quality. After a re-jet to 180 main 45 pilot my machine came alive. This is a killer mid range pipe with a noticeable top end gain and no bottom end loss. :rock This pipe is very loud, but it has a unique sound to it...... very throaty. I have had various pipes on different bikes and the DMC is high quality. I personally believe that most pipes on the market are very close in peak gains but where the HP peaks in the powerband can be different. Once again this is a hard hitting mid-range system. I am one of the only people that I know of running this exhaust and I see alot of biased and misinformed posts about it by people who have never seen (let alone test rode) the DMC Alien. Whatever pipe you choose you will probably be happy with (Yoshi,Sparks,HMF etc.) Have fun with what you purchase and let me know if you have any other questions about DMC. :D :ihit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts