YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one now about this pipe first hand? How does it stand up agianst other pipes?They claim on there web site that it will give you 9.9 hp peak with out jetting.And if it says without jetting can you still jett any how?

THANKS for any input. :yfz

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by theextreme@Dec 7 2003, 06:07 PM
Does any one now about this pipe first hand? How does it stand up agianst other pipes?They claim on there web site that it will give you 9.9 hp peak with out jetting.And if it says without jetting can you still jett any how?

I Used to work for a guy who simply cut and welded pipe and claimed all kinds of powergains.

All he had to back up his claims were a big mouth and insults.

If the test isn't an independant, unsponsored by the maker in any way test, I wouldn't believe it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
from past experiences i would choose another pipe some of my buddys have that pipe and the gains not worth the money compared to othe pipes. and i dont know how you wont need to rejet it when you have way more exhast flow. just my .02 :yfz

·
Registered
76 Posts
My local dealer has a Yfz on the floor with this pipe and a gytr jet kit already installed. This combination added $795 to the cost!! Seems alittle spendy to me. It didn't have a spark-arresstor and was loud as hell. It did look very cool. Although the head pipe looked like it really stuck out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by theextreme@Dec 7 2003, 06:07 PM

I was wondering this same thing. They tell you to run the stock jetting after the complete system install. We all know how lean the stock jetting is and after a pipe install it would be even leaner. Several guys around here swear by the Alien on their YFZ's but I have not been able to ride or race one to see the difference. The price I saw for the complete system was $429 which is in line with about all of the rest of the complete systems being sold. I just can't belive this thing will give you almost 10 bolt on HP without some jetting. If it is true then jetting would give you a phenominal increase in HP. After reading their claims I think I am leaning back toward the full Yosh system.

YFZRYAN - How you like the Alba pipe? Is it the full system or the slip on and what type of diffence did it make?

·
Registered
257 Posts
1st

well i beleive i was one the 1st people running this pipe and i called dmc when i got it the claim no rejetting necessary if you leave the stock air filter and lid on but they also told me that they suggest rejetting for optimum performance. i removed the lid and rejetted to a 172main 45 pilot and lowest postion on the stock neddle thats it

2nd

i had the dmc pipe and raced my neighbors buddy with a stock 450 beat him by 6-8 quads everytime in 300ft we have it measured off in my back yard we have fence posts every 200ft for 2600ft by 400ft it would get to 10-12 quads.

3rd i installed the um airbox and did the cam mod and 15t sprocket went to 175-178 main depending on the temp.

he wont even race me now i beat him so bad

i have raced other 450s with hmf and fmf pipes and beat every one of them. and i weigh 240 lbs in gear. most guys i raceed weigh between 150-180 people can say what they will but i went to silver lake sand dunes 4 times this past year from sept-oct and never was beaten by another 4stroke other than a very built pred that it was every other race.

i am not saying that its the best or better but it definately works well only a dyno shoot out will tell.

mods next are installing my axle,gytr piston, cluctch basket,hub, pressure plate and kick start kit.

i also want to convert to the 42 mm carb and alky and get cams and porting with and extended swingarm by spring

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Why would u want new cams? These cams are great, and are a hell of a lot lighter than aftermarket cams.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WEBB CAMS are stock cams reground thats why there is a core charge and you have to send your stock cams back the weld them up then regrind the ramp profile to there specs hince minimal weight gain plus i dune ride and drag race a lot so i want to move to power up to the mid and top.

webb has 2 cams sets available but the springs are not done yet. the all around set requires no spring change but the mid to high end set might in the long run but they havent had any issues yet. talked to them today.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
detroit - I'm not saying don't do the cams, but there is very little to be gained by doing them. Reason being is that the cams cannot have a much more aggressive lobe (taller/wider) than stock because the lobe is already contacting the bucket at it's outter edge, any real increase in the lobe will cause the lobe to rotate into the side of the bucket and dig into it, instead of rotating on the top surface. Hot cams, web, and Ron Wood Racing all offer cams right now, but spec wise they are not much more aggressive than stock ones. There is room for improvement, but not much - I'm just not sure that it's worth the cost. Just my .02.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i agree but every bit counts and the duration on the cams is the biggest change and everyone i talked to said about 3 hp woods told me tonight from cams carb keyway and i would gain 4-6 i also have a um air box and dmc pipe and gytr piston clucth set up and kick parts to install and alky kit. i am also going to port it. i am shooting for 10 hp before the alky 2-3 from piston 2-3 from cams 2-3 from porting then add the alky.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im running a dmc full system with jd jetts at 170 main 45 pilot stock nedle at fit clip air screw out two turns. and it back fires does yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts