YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2005 yfz450 and want to remove my headlights. I was going to get a 2006 resistor and wire it in however in aus I can't find one second hand and to get one from the u.s is expensive. I heard you can make your own however in not sure what parts I'll need. My old man is very electrical minded and makes a lot of his own electrical gear. So what do I need to make one

·
Registered
439 Posts
The 06+ resistor will work if your willing to source one. You can also look up the resistance of the stock one to source a similar resistor from an electronics supply place of your choice. The two easiest options is to 1) Keep your headlight always on high (either keep the switch on or splice the wires) and connect the resistor to one of the head connectors. or 2) Splice the 06 resistor inline with the yellow and black wires that go to your key switch. One wire from the resistor gets connected to yellow, one to black.

Option 2 is how the 04/05 GYTR resistor kits were wired and how I wire mine is when adding a resistor to a stock harness. Option 1 is better if you plan to ever put headlights back on as you only want to run one or the other (headlight or resistor).

Hope that helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 06+ resistor will work if your willing to source one. You can also look up the resistance of the stock one to source a similar resistor from an electronics supply place of your choice. The two easiest options is to 1) Keep your headlight always on high (either keep the switch on or splice the wires) and connect the resistor to one of the head connectors. or 2) Splice the 06 resistor inline with the yellow and black wires that go to your key switch. One wire from the resistor gets connected to yellow, one to black.

Option 2 is how the 04/05 GYTR resistor kits were wired and how I wire mine is when adding a resistor to a stock harness. Option 1 is better if you plan to ever put headlights back on as you only want to run one or the other (headlight or resistor).

Hope that helps
Thanks Schmack, I'll grab the 06 resistor and wire it between the yellow and black wire, is the 06 rectifier/regulator the same as the 05 aswell?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.