YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the trick? Is there a yamaha thumb throttle out there that will replace the YFZ450 setup - looking at saving some handlebar room that the TORS system takes up on the thumb throttle body.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If IM not mistaken, that is the TPS sensor. I don't think you can remove it. I have seen where guys where using the YZ450 throttle set up which includes the TPs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would leave it alone. If you want you can "bridge" the two wires together and that will complete the circuit, but the TPS helps to maintain better throttle response by changing the timing. I wish I had it on the Z.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good info - So you are saying I should just tie the two wires that go to the thumb throttle together? Can anyone else explain how the circuitry works for this TPS system - if that is what it is...

·
Registered
27 Posts
the t.p.s. or throttle postion sensor is located on the carb itself not the handle bar to bypasss tors all you have to do is close the circuit and then install yz450 twist throttle and you' re done it does nothing to change the t.p.s. hope this helps :yfz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.