YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started drag racing my 2006 YFZ 450 at our local track. So far I've went with the Dasa Classic pipe, FCI intake, Bored carb, geared, and cam mod. The last drag race I ran my 6 paddle extremes (which weren't enough) but I figured they would be better than my stockers. Unfortunately they were worse! I was wondering if anyone has ran the Maxxis 4 Snow or pro wedge II and what you thought of them? I'm either thinking either one of those or a 7 or 8 paddle Skat Trak Extreme.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
You need to figure out track condition, gearing, and setup.
What are the other guys running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track condition was perfect. My gearing setup is a 15/36 but I think I'm gonna go to a 14 on the countershaft and see what happens. I was dragging with my 6 paddle extremes and like I said in my post, it ran better with the stock tires. I'm thinking since my tires are shorter that probably lowered the gearing. All of my buddies are pretty well stock.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Track condition was perfect. My gearing setup is a 15/36 but I think I'm gonna go to a 14 on the countershaft and see what happens. I was dragging with my 6 paddle extremes and like I said in my post, it ran better with the stock tires. I'm thinking since my tires are shorter that probably lowered the gearing. All of my buddies are pretty well stock.
Perfect how?
You need to figure how deep is the soft stuff? Is it hard pack an inch down?
Is it sand,dirt,mix?
What's your clutch setup? Are you running a lock up?
Swing arm length?
What are the fast guys running?
Maybe you can try talking to the guys that are running good and get some info from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts