YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about sending my stock shocks off to get them revalved and resprung. Who has used Derisi and how do you like them?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
PEP ZPS will run you $2200. If you want to put ZPS on the rear, you must get all new ZPS shocks for the front.

If you want to cut corners using PEP, they'll reuse your rear damper and install a dual spring for about $300 less. For about $800 less, they'll reuse your rear damper and install a single spring. They told me the single spring choice isn't nearly as good as the dual spring rear.

Personally, I don't think reusing the rear damper for the $300 savings is worth it. I believe with PEP's own damper, you get more suspension travel and economically, you'll always have the original rear shock to put back on the ATV when you eventually sell it. If you opt to rework the existing damper, that expense and effort will be 100% wasted fi you trade in your ATV for a new one in a couple of years and you'll have to start all over again.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not race professionally. I ride in the woods and do the occasional local amatuer races. I mainly want it to be a little smoother ride and sit just a little lower. Has anyone used Derisi? Let me know. I don't want to nor do I need to spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket suspension for what I do. Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
go to exriders.com, and search the suspension forum, he had a long thread in there that talked about his services, and the millenium kit for the yfz.

You might also ask at your shop, or at a local track who does suspensiopn in the area, I think anyone who does bike suspension will be able to get parts for your YFZ shocks.

I know the Pro-Action guy here locally, and he is pretty sure he can set my shocks up.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have had him do several things for me and the work has been excellent. I am actually the one that did the testing for the YFZ millinium revalve kit. I truely think that he got them dialled in better than aftermarket shocks. I know the are a lot better than the elkas i put on my ex. The big advantages of using Santo is the extremely fast turn around time, and I think he dials them in for each ridere much better than most of the big companies do!

·
Registered
35 Posts
you won't be dissappointed with santo.. i live about 30 mins from him and he revalves my rear shock and it makes a big difference and i'm not that fast yet.. good price and him and his dad set up my bike " toe in camber and stuff" didn't charge me a thing except the revalving.. he's a cool dude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts