YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres another question for you.... I called Derisi tonight and talked to him about his millinum kit....for $495 he revalves and puts dual rate springs on your stock shocks, seams like a good deal for someone on a buget, I plan on replacing my A-arms but I'm only going +1 so I think the stockers rebuilt would be awsome what do you guys think? I have heard alot of people saying once these shock are rebuilt they are comparable to many of the after market shocks.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by RESCUE YFZ@Nov 24 2003, 07:13 PM
I plan on replacing my A-arms but I'm only going +1 so I think the stockers rebuilt would be awsome what do you guys think?
If you get your shocks revalved for stock a-arms and add +1 a-arms later your vavling is going to be off

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have his vavle and spring kit on my yfz, he built them for my PRP +2"s. THESE SHOCKS ARE GREAT!!!! I honestly believe that they are as good or better than my PEP's that I had on my 250R. His shock work is WAY worth the money!!!!! Go with it! If you are not happy with his valving he will do it again at no charge!!!!!!!!! Can you beet that? Hell no! I am extremly happy with what he has done with my shocks!!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
495.00 IS THE PRICE FOR THE FRONTS ONLY BUT HE CAN REVALVE AND REPRING THE REAR ALSO BUT I DIDN'T GET A PRICE. HE ALSO SAID IT WOULD ONLY TAKE ABOUT A WEEK :lol

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I feel like once you get to $1000 on revalving the existing suspension, it makes sense to look at the alternatives. If you can get a whole new set set of shocks for $1500, then then reusing the OEM shocks starts to make less sense.

I like the idea of having a new set of shocks. This means you always have the oringinal shocks as a backup, and you can always sell your ATV with the originals in a couple of years and put your aftermarket set on your fresh 2006 YFZ450 when it comes in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Couple of things here.

first off I have this done to my YFZ and they are much better than my elkas that I had on my ex. (that I paid out the ass for)

2nd +1 a-arms which is what I have on mine Makes little to no difference. If you put 4-1 wheels on with +1 a-arms the leverage ratio is virtually the same, so the valving would be the same.

3rd thing on the zero preload issue. You don't want zero preload if you race in the woods or just trail ride. The fronts are dual rate and they do lower the ride hight a ton. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ZERO PRELOAD TO LOWER THE RIDE HEIGHT.

and i guess lastly unless you just like throwing your money away this kit is a much smarter investment than buying aftermarket shocks. They are much better than and aftermarket shock in the lower price range and comparable to the high end shocks. An added bonus you get with this kit is the Santo dials shocks in PERFECTLY! (which most shcok manufactures do not) unless you have the time and extra money to send them back to them 3 or 4 times, or you are a sponsred rider that you do testing with them to get them right.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey gnccer. does santo "help" guys who acually race in the series?
just wondering. also do these shocks soak up the little stuff(tree roots,etc) plus the big g-outs late in a race?
thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The rear shock is kinda hard to get soft enough. Right now how mine is set up the rear is a liitle rough over the small stuff at slow speeds. Perfect when halling arse!!!! He wants to try somthing different on the rear and soften it up just a bit. There are a few people that he does help, His company is not very big so there is not a lot of money to help people. At the 12 hours of america I think the shocks may have faded a little bit (or maybe we where just that tired) . i think any shocks would have fadded during that race.

·
Registered
869 Posts
my elka's were set up by Elka 3 times and were never right!!!!!!!! Now my anything I have had DeRisi do has been set up right the first time every time!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I suspect Elka is better hardware than OEM, but Santo has more talent setting up valving.

If you could get the same Derisi damping action out of a shock that resists fade better, is more resistent to damage, offers more suspension travel, and offers the added option of a zero preload spring, I'd say you've found the best of both worlds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts