YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently selling my banshee and trying to decide between a Yfz450r and a trx450r. My banshee is basically stock, just has toomey pipes and vforce reeds. Right now there is a 2008 trx for sale for $2500 near me. Currently the only good deal on a yfz is 10 hours away one way. I’m thinking I would regret getting a trx in the long run. Has anyone owned both?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Currently selling my banshee and trying to decide between a Yfz450r and a trx450r. My banshee is basically stock, just has toomey pipes and vforce reeds. Right now there is a 2008 trx for sale for $2500 near me. Currently the only good deal on a yfz is 10 hours away one way. I’m thinking I would regret getting a trx in the long run. Has anyone owned both?
I have owned two banshees, two 04-05 TRX450R also maintain one for a friend), and a 2016 YFZ450R. To be honest, I loved the TRX's, they were fairly bulletproof for me. Had them setup the same way, open airbox, full exhaust, HRC cam. And the 04-05 TRX are kick start only, no battery or starter components to fail on you. The one thing the YFZ shines on is the power out of the box. Stock for stock, the YFZ-R will eat the TRX. Not sure about the newer generation (06-14) TRX though.

What kind of riding are you doing, and where do you wanna make the power? TRX feels like more low end grunt whereas the YFZ likes to sing in the RPM's. TRX isn't quite as wide either, more trail friendly in stock form. Dunes, fire roads, open areas, take the YFZ for the top speed.

Personally, I've grown to prefer the high RPM power. I do in a way regret selling the TRX, cost me next to nothing to run and it was a really good machine the whole time I owned it. The YFZ took some getting used to, plus a vortex and some other pricey little parts to make it work right. I love the finished product, but the journey wasn't so fun for my wallet vs the TRX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts