YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complaining to the dealer about the bog just to complain an they realy want me to bring it back in so they can "fix it".. whats ur thoughs.. can they fix the bike? The owner said they can hook it up to the lap top an down loan a new map from yamaha an rest my air to fuel mix to fix the bog.. i already have the ais block off an that help but for the most part its still there.. have any one took theres back to the dealer with any luck or is it just a wast of time for them to mess with the bike.. any thoughts? I no a all new programmer will fix the problem like the vortex but i doubt i can talk them into buying me one lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
They can "tweak" the low speed settings I'm starting to hear if they have the GYTR plug in. I know one other member had this done and it basically "almost completely" eliminated the bog he stated.

I was going to argue to get mine done..instead just got a power commander 5 fuel/ign and a Yosh RS pipe to wake it up some.

M

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ya i just dont want them to have the bike for a week then i pick it up an doing the same thing an me get even more pissed at the dealer and saying thanks for nothing.. but might just do it if it make it almost disappear.. there doing it for free..

·
Registered
592 Posts
^^^ Looks like a week down isn't a bad thing, considering there will be no alternative...

Reactions: badassmachinist

·
Registered
613 Posts
I took mine back 4 times they didnt fix jack shi#! But what they did do it con me into not only buying a programmer that didnt work they also talked me into buy a full exhaust system that I never really wanted but they said it would fix the bog! Well it didnt and I just removed my pcv! Dealers care about one thing MONEY! If they arnt making money off you they don't care about something that's normal and yes the bog is normal for these 14s! Dealers just don't care.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i have the dealer by the balls any ways cuz i went through hell to get the bike.. shafty sales men that never told me about the rebates i was supost to get, told me he dropped 1200 off the bike an only did 400 an they ran my credit 3 different times cuz the dum ass sales rep put my income in wrong in the computer. So i got ahold of the top owner an told him im going to call Yamaha and leave the shity review and would never buy another bike from them and hes givening me a free helmet an coming to pick up the bike an he said he will get to it the same day. So ill show im what the bike does an if it dont get fixed ill make him buy me a programmer and pipe or a dyno tune...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well i have the dealer by the balls any ways cuz i went through hell to get the bike.. shafty sales men that never told me about the rebates i was supost to get, told me he dropped 1200 off the bike an only did 400 an they ran my credit 3 different times cuz the dum ass sales rep put my income in wrong in the computer. So i got ahold of the top owner an told him im going to call Yamaha and leave the shity review and would never buy another bike from them and hes givening me a free helmet an coming to pick up the bike an he said he will get to it the same day. So ill show im what the bike does an if it dont get fixed ill make him buy me a programmer and pipe or a dyno tune...
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya if nothing ill walk aways with a free helmet an i still have the bike. they will get a bad review through Yamaha but idk the owner was pretty dam lived about how the deal went down.. an i still keep u guys up dated

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Update... dealer had it for 2 days and got ahold of Yamaha and they gave them a tune an the mechanic changed it up a bit and i went there an rode it for over 20 mins and did not stall once on me.. you can rev it out at idel and there is only one lil spot where u stap it to about 1\4 throttle where it fluttered on me a few times but u can stab the throttle and all she does rev.. im 99% satifide for just haven the dealer mess with it for a few days..

·
Registered
613 Posts
Update... dealer had it for 2 days and got ahold of Yamaha and they gave them a tune an the mechanic changed it up a bit and i went there an rode it for over 20 mins and did not stall once on me.. you can rev it out at idel and there is only one lil spot where u stap it to about 1\4 throttle where it fluttered on me a few times but u can stab the throttle and all she does rev.. im 99% satifide for just haven the dealer mess with it for a few days..
Post a vid

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahould of never trusted the dealer.. got thw bike delivered back to me today an good a idle but hell it has a flat spot when u go through the gears and it pops an backfires ever time i let off the gas.. pissed.. wrote thw dealer back so lets see what they say.. does the 2014 raptor have the same bog\stalling problem?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ahould of never trusted the dealer.. got thw bike delivered back to me today an good a idle but hell it has a flat spot when u go through the gears and it pops an backfires ever time i let off the gas.. pissed.. wrote thw dealer back so lets see what they say.. does the 2014 raptor have the same bog\stalling problem?
The raptor does not have the bog as far as I know. Infact the last time I was at the dealer they actually Suggested that I just trade my yfz for a raptor no questions asked and I was like ummm no thanks lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hell if the dealer asked me that right now i would make the jump to the 700r as long as they dont have this issue.. im just pissed cuz u pay that much for a bike that runs like shit.. a 100% stock 4wheeler should not run like this.. its funny cuz the mechanic said its just the "nature of the beast" being a track bike.. bull shit.. he didnt know what to say when i asked him. " y dont a $150,000 Lamborghini have Problems driving on the street the sents its a race car".. didnt know what to say..

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hell if the dealer asked me that right now i would make the jump to the 700r as long as they dont have this issue.. im just pissed cuz u pay that much for a bike that runs like shit.. a 100% stock 4wheeler should not run like this.. its funny cuz the mechanic said its just the "nature of the beast" being a track bike.. bull shit.. he didnt know what to say when i asked him. " y dont a $150,000 Lamborghini have Problems driving on the street the sents its a race car".. didnt know what to say..
They have been telling me "it's a race bike" from day one! As far dealers are concerned, the bog is normal and I believe them now. I had my YFZ at 3 different dealers, and they told me the same thing.

Just not worth Arguing with them anymore cause they don't care.

And yes, it is a race bike but I've never heard Chad Weinen's 14 R run with a bog :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yep should of just took ur guys advise.. dealer didnt do shit to help the bike at all.. so time to save the pennys up for a vortex and some kind of quit core pipe..
I doubt you even need a pipe if you don't want to spend the money. Just buy vortex and that should be all you need. Wish I would of just done that from the very beginning! I never wanted the pipe and everything else. I wouldn't of even removed the ais if the vortex actually worked the way it should. I don't know yet cause I haven't installed mine yet lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.