YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate a gytr full pipe, gytr multistage foam filter, and gytr jet kit jetted to all the right specs. when i pin hte throttle off of idle it just dies like its not getting enough fuel or smoething. has anyone else ever expirienced this problem. i NEED help. mx season is soon.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
what clip position did you use for the GYT-R needle? 3rd clip like the specs say?

I would recommend the following jetting since I have the same mods:

GYT-R needle on 4th clip position from top
45 pilot
2 1/2 turns on the fuel mix screw

you can allways jet up to a 168 main also depending on weather and elevation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
first off why are you stabbing the throttle off idle anyway? the carb is not designed to stab the throttle. if you are in gear and drop the hammer on her she will throw you off her back if you're not hangin on. the carb is not designed to handle the sudden rush of air into the intake. stop stabbing the throttle in neutral. Put it into 1st gear, ( one click down) let the clutch out as fast as you can stab the throttle... please post with the result of that!!! :ihit

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in the holeshot u have to stab it if u plan on gettin anywhere near the front!!! i've tried all the different jets and nothin seems to work. i think its something else thats wrong. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by mxman901@Feb 11 2004, 09:53 PM
in the holeshot u have to stab it if u plan on gettin anywhere near the front!!! i've tried all the different jets and nothin seems to work. i think its something else thats wrong. anyone have any ideas?
You shouldn't be pinning it from an idle for the holeshot :nono . You should be at ATLEAST 1/4-1/2 throttle when the board is sideways...........and roll onto the throttle quickly as you let the clutch out......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try working on the little air jet in the bottom of the float bowl. That is where the fuel gets drawn through when the accelerator pump pumps when you hit the throttle. That is where you need to richen the circuit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You first need to determine if its your carb settings or possibly you might have bumped you throttle position sensor when you where jetting. I personally recommend taking the TPS and remove it while the carb is tilted for jetting, its only 1 screw and its worth noth breaking it (there very fragile). I have heard of a few guys having to replace these already. If it is your Carb settings if you havent already done so do a plug test at full throttle, and rejet if required. If you are going to rejet via someones suggestion you probably want to take advice from someone that is in your area with same mods.. In short check your TPS and plug.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i bought mine used and it is doing the same thing but i am stock with the bafle out and a jd 168main jet 45 poilet and it does thet same thing. i have tried going back all stock and same thing. then same thing so i went back without the baffle and 165 jet 45 poilet same. the i got the vavles adjusted and it still does it. can anyone help me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine does the same thing if you rev it up in neutral. If it is in gear though like it should be when you rev it out then it does not do it. Must have something to do with the carb design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suffered from the same problem. After MANY different jets, pilots, etc I finally talked to a tech that I know and he recommended that I replace the accelerator pump jet with a #45 because he said it was getting too much fuel. I replaced the jet, and it has run flawless ever since!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
sandhappy,

what are you referring to as the "accellerator pump jet", are you referring to the pilot jet. I have looked on the microfiche and there isn't an accelerator pump jet listed. Is there another name for it. Mine does the same thing and I'd like to get it corrected.

·
Registered
865 Posts
mine does the same thing..

how do i know if my tps is messed up?

·
Registered
42 Posts
:angry WOW some of you people really need to search this site for this related topic. The carb on the YFZ is not designed to stab the throttle in nautral.... The accel pump can not keep up with the amount of air intake... There is no correction for this so called problem, because it is not a problem. Only you can correct the problem by stop stabbing the throttle in nautral. Get on the bike pull the lever on the left side of the handle bars in, then with your left foot push down on the lever just in front of the left foot peg, finnally with your thumb on your right hand stab the lever thats right below the bar on the right side of the quad, at the same time release the lever in your left hand. NOTE TO YOURSELF BETTER BE HANGING THE F*CK ON. If having problems with said directions you should get off this quad and ride a bicycle it might be the only thing that some of you can handle...once again just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Look sorry for the above post, but really you guys need to read these posts. they are full of great info. I believe I have addressed this topic 3 times atleast. The only thing you need to do to this quad is rejet right away. 168 main 3000' and below. don't need to have 45 p. It really helps on decel. pop. Decel. pop is normal on this motor. This topic also has been adressed several times in this forum. Once again sorry for the rant above, BUT PLEASE SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE ASKING SOME OF THESE SAME QUESTIONS. THANKS

·
Registered
528 Posts
Originally posted by riddnraptor@Mar 5 2004, 01:38 AM
Look sorry for the above post, but really you guys need to read these posts. they are full of great info. I believe I have addressed this topic 3 times atleast. The only thing you need to do to this quad is rejet right away. 168 main 3000' and below. don't need to have 45 p. It really helps on decel. pop. Decel. pop is normal on this motor. This topic also has been adressed several times in this forum. Once again sorry for the rant above, BUT PLEASE SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE ASKING SOME OF THESE SAME QUESTIONS. THANKS
So then, did sandhappy not fix his problem? Is that what you are saying?
I read almost every post every night and I have been following this thread pretty closely because mine does the same thing. I don't know you or your knowledge of the YFZ. I have not seen anyone else agree with your posts(on this topic). I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I don't think that it is a bad thing to get another opinion. You might be right, and there is no problem. However, this bike is my baby and I want it to run perfect. I will continue to look for information on this topic. You need to take a pill!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok here I go all of my quads are my babies as well. I bought the YFZ to stop getting my ass kicked up the hill on my Raptor. Don't get me wrong I still get beat up the hill at the dunes, but not nearly as often now. I too had the same concerns as you. I talked to the owner of Kenz Cycle Tech in Mesa Az. He has built many killer 2 and 4 stroke bikes and quads that are crazy fast. When a man of many years of making w00ter really fast tells me this is a normal thing and there is not a problem with it I believe him. Thats where my statements come from. :yfz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey riddnraptor, u can take your bycycle and shove it up your a$$. if u wanna complain bout what we're postin bout get the heck out :angry :nono

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Try adjusting your fuel screw.

I dont understand how everyone sets their fuel screw to a certian # of turns and just leaves it. Where I live, the little differences in temp and humidity have me playing with mine all the time.

The Zip ty fuel screw is the best $20 you'll ever spend on an FCR. (IMO)

what are you referring to as the "accellerator pump jet", are you referring to the pilot jet. I have looked on the microfiche and there isn't an accelerator pump jet listed. Is there another name for it. Mine does the same thing and I'd like to get it corrected.
Leak jet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts