YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Dawzie's YFZ. It has Walsh/PEP on it. It is sweeeeeeeeet!! It is another album.

THIS IS THE LINK

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
wherever the pics came from, that is the hottest yfz on this site-period. okay well maybe that guy with the roll/axis blue yfz, oh and prnstar as well.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Gibson400ex@Dec 13 2003, 02:24 AM
YFZ_53 got the pics from me :nono
actually dawzie emailed them to me :lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
I actually wanted to go with a Walsh front end, but you can't get an Axis shock with rebound adjustment for a Walsh. So I went with a Roll instead. I like PEP's, especially the ARCs, but I wasn't going to pay that much for shocks, not when I can get Axis at cost.

Scott

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by quad#11@Dec 12 2003, 08:38 PM
I actually wanted to go with a Walsh front end, but you can't get an Axis shock with rebound adjustment for a Walsh. So I went with a Roll instead. I like PEP's, especially the ARCs, but I wasn't going to pay that much for shocks, not when I can get Axis at cost.

Scott
no byrd has rebound adj. axis on his yfz, they make them, for the walsh

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well all I know is that when I contacted Rick at Axis about what front end to buy he mentioned to me that they wouldn't be making a rebound adjustable shock for a Walsh front end. MAybe he meant not for the average Joe. (Unles you are Joe Byrd) I woudl think the national runner up has a little more pull than I do. Oh well, maybe I will do the Walsh on the next one I build.

Scott

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
hey, in case of anyone wanting to know what walsh is offering for the yfz, i got the hookup. nate just emailed me and this is what they've got.

hi mike first of all thanks for coming to walshracecraft...
well heres the status on the parts ...

+2.5 LT a-arms- 1098. (all hardware tie rods and walsh tie rod ends)

swing arm- 689. (chain guide, pivot bearings clamp bolts, nuts and bushing) the swing arm is optional for 250r or yfz450 round housing

steering stem- 249 with anti vibe clamp kit- 345. (we dont have them yet but they should be ready in the next week or two
other parts include...

pivot bolt- 65.99, cnc machined from solid 4130 its basically the highest quality and most industructible one out there.

radiator- 400, with rock guard-464.99, this is a cross flow larger capacity radiator, not only does it cool better but it cools so much better that you can drop some weight and add simplicity by getting rid of your fan

**the most important product for the YFZ that i would not recommend anyone passing up is the gusset kit its 200 for gusset kit only 400 installed and 650 powder coated, and optional with pro peg mounts, basically it reinfroces all the really weak spots (the whole frame is weak but this adds A LOT to the longevity of it)...again like i said i wouldnt recommend anyone not getting it

all the powder coat we can do, its not 'in house', but we deffinatley do offer it, but not the chrome (i can recomend you to one chromer, he's the best)

spindles- we dont have these out yet but we will before the beginning of the season, they will have an extra strong shaft on them made from some special material better the 4130 for this application and the body will be cnc'd from solid 6061 aluminum, they will be the ultimate in spindles and will mount on to anything othe than a T-Pin

if you need anything else give us a call at 860.889.5482
thanks,
nate

sounds amazing. all the parts you need in one place. :blah nice guys over at walsh too. plus, theyre only an hour and a half away, so thats cool

·
Registered
140 Posts
yea nate, mike and their dad are really nice guys. i was done to see them friday when i brought down the frame. mike told me everything i should do to my bike to have it be a winner. real nice guys and their products are just the best imo. looking good dawzie.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That radiator looks like something i would like. Less wires without the fan, less comotion in engine compartment without the fan.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Dec 12 2003, 07:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Dec 12 2003, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gibson400ex@Dec 13 2003, 02:24 AM
YFZ_53 got the pics from me :nono
actually dawzie emailed them to me :lol [/b][/quote]
i know i was j/k :lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Dec 12 2003, 09:21 PM
wherever the pics came from, that is the hottest yfz on this site-period.
Say what? :nono

Merriman
Brit M.
selector
on & on
& on

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those Walsh products sound amazing. Walsh is by far the leader for MX products. Now if he would only start making products for us XC guys.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by Dave@Dec 14 2003, 11:53 AM
Those Walsh products sound amazing. Walsh is by far the leader for MX products. Now if he would only start making products for us XC guys.
i think he might i dnno but if he did he would be the probably be the most succesful bussisness person

·
Registered
140 Posts
i am almost positive Walsh make xc a-arms.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts