YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a complete DASA exhaust system and it is killer!.First off it is of great quality,fits perfect,great welds,looks awesome, sounds great and a first class set up.I tossed around different pipes for a while and sure glad I decided to pull the trigger on a DASA.
Removed the air box lid.Was a foam filter from the factory but replaced with a Twin Air foam filter.Didn' quite care for the stock filter quality.
Then installed a Dynojet power commander 5 maped for the above mods and it makes great power.Real big difference over stock.Nice improvement of power all through the power band.
When I first got the R I purchased a set of Hiper Tech 3 wheels.20 fronts and 18 rears.Went with holeshots.With the change of the 18's in the rear from the 20's it was like changing the front sprocket a tooth..tooth and a half?.Made an unbelievable difference in throttle response off idle.With the stock size tires it really fell on its face off idle so you had to feather the clutch a bit so now its a whole different animal!It pulls very strong through the gears and when you throw it through a turn with the 18's and you blip the throttle and it slides around nice.
Had a couple of guys with yfz450's ride it when I got it and they are good riders also and they felt it handled great and really strong power so now with this improvement I'am real happy.So will ride this weekend unless we get rained out and keep all informed.
Ride hard!

·
Registered
215 Posts
we need video and sound

·
Registered
308 Posts
yea....pics, a video, sound.. something. :icon_frown:

I think the 09 is going to make me sell my Raptor this year. Just doing my research, cool site! :icon_cool:

·
Registered
247 Posts
First class quality huh....well I just tried installing my system on my R and the rear shock reservoir is in the way, and it will not clear. Im pretty pissed.....especially since i tried installing the system I got for my 505sx and the header doesn't fit either!

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (MX Jeff @ Mar 7 2009, 05:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=754942
First class quality huh....well I just tried installing my system on my R and the rear shock reservoir is in the way, and it will not clear. Im pretty pissed.....especially since i tried installing the system I got for my 505sx and the header doesn't fit either![/b]
Bummer man, Im sorry to hear that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts