YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not much to say other than it now has a huge crack in it! I wouldn't recomend them, the standard bore may be fine but I'm guessing the big bore doesn't have enough material between the cylinder and the water jacket.
Might have 10 tanks ran through it.
Could have just been defective? I duno just letting people know my experiance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try calling cylinder works and tell them what happened. I've heard some people got a replacement cylinder for free

·
Registered
338 Posts
my cylinderworks 98mm has been fine for me. over 60 hours on it. ut when i got mine there was no athena for the R either.... athena is far superior but i havent had an issue with my cw

Reactions: 05yfz45006

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mine cracked too they are sending me a new one the costumer service was great I did not buy this one and it's over a year old but since it was a gen 1 they said they would do it with no receipt but did have to send them my piston and jug so I will be getting a full kit free other then what I paid to ship them mine. I will not be using this kit an will sell along with there +3 only had 4-5 hours tops on this build here's a pic of the crack

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's not good. I'm running their 98mm cylinder on mine for now. Have about 45 minutes on it. Runs good for now. Hopefully this isn't what's to come of mine but I guess I'll find out. Thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang. Wish I woulda known about the free replacement yesterday..... :-/
What number should I call? I might try and just get this one warranted and sell the Athena one I just bought.... I am kinda broke right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was on here when I bought it but the guy told me he purchased everything last year and I've had it for 4 months and it's been cracked ever sense. I just now figured out where the water was going, so I haven't even rode it more than a few mins lol.
No receipt of course but it does have the complete 501 kit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It was on here when I bought it but the guy told me he purchased everything last year and I've had it for 4 months and it's been cracked ever sense. I just now figured out where the water was going, so I haven't even rode it more than a few mins lol.
No receipt of course but it does have the complete 501 kit.
pm me a price on the Athena...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dang. Wish I woulda known about the free replacement yesterday..... :-/
What number should I call? I might try and just get this one warranted and sell the Athena one I just bought.... I am kinda broke right now.
sorry I quoted the wrong guy. Let me know a price for the Athena.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.