YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently jetted my quad using gytr jet kit and the helpful chart on here and i took my bike out for a ride and got down the highway about 3/4 throttle it kinda cut out or missed a couple of time. They were slight cut out not like the motor died or anything. Does any one know what the problem would be?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Its probably not jetted perfect, play around some more with the jets. Post up what mods you have, your elavation, and what jets you have installed, then we can help you from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am located in Mid Missouri with an elevation of around 990ft. I have a k&n filter with aftermarket air box and stock exhaust with baffle out. I put jets, 168m 45p and needle on 5th clip with 2 turn f/a screw. Also it will die if you mash the throttle at an idle.

·
Registered
432 Posts
move the clip on the needle to the 3rd or middle position and go ride it again and see how it does. For the bog issue, check out the zip tie mod / bog thread in the tips section.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea that sounds way too rich for just an uncorked exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I change needle to 3rd clip and 1 1/2 of f/a screw and did the zip tie thing abd on the highway yes highway it still cuts out. It is like someone has killed it real quick then it fires rite back. Any other time it rides just fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts