YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked into my local (Redlands) dealership in Southern California (where I bought my last 4 quads). I was there to buy a brand new '04 Yamaha Raptor 80 for my nephew for his Birthday... The asking price, $2499.00 MSRP. A closer look at the Fine Print on the tag, Frieght Charge $205.00 and a Setup Fee of $250.00 plust Tax & Lic added to the $2499.00 WTF!!! . No way I was gonna pay that price.
My regular salesman was there, I started in with the Price. My wife already figured out the Maximum, with the extra charge, tax, setup bla,bla,bla. $3250.00.
I told him to dump the Frieght Charge and Setup fee and I'll pay with CASH, $2600.00 OTD. I reminded him again that, I bought my last 4 quads from you guys, brought in new customers and friends, and I buy parts here... at least knock off the Extra BS charge. His reply was, Sorry, it's the last of the Raptor 80's we have, and they're in HIGH DEMANDS. So, I'm gonna pay out the A$$ for something you have a shortage on right? With a blank look on his face, He went back to talk to The Wizard of OZ in a hidden back room.
Well Bob, I got at knocked down. $3150.00 OTD... I laughed my ass off , What, you mean this is the best you can do? I have been coming in here for the last 8 years for part,supplies,and bringing you new customers and this is the best you can do?. Sorry... $3150.00 is the lowest we can do... Needless to say, I told them, the next referral won't be you guys, and my future parts, and quads will no longer be purchased here (loud enough for everyone in the store could hear)... Dunno know, maybe I was just having a w00terty day, and I wanted to get this Raptor for my nephew, or Customer Loyalty don't mean Jack w00ter these days... Don't think the salesman, had any pull on the price... it was the lady in the back pulling the strings... :angry

UPDATE: I found a Dealer in Victorville (35 miles away) that accepted my first offer!!!! :rock

·
Registered
321 Posts
WTF!!! you would think that haveing a repeat customer....(making money over the long haul......not all in one punch) that spends $$$ like that at the same place would be worth something............. :re

i spend so much at my local shop that they have me programed in the puter to recieve a 10% discount on all my stuff.......

glad ya found a good deal bob!!! 8)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I bought a shorelander trailer from the yami dealer in San Jose. Went back about a week later and bought some gear (paddles, gas can, etc.) As I was getting ready to pay, the manager came up and told the parts people that I get a 10% discount. I asked why and he said cuz I bought the trailer from them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol :lol :lol Oh man, TOO FUNNY!!!!! oh well, I feel much better now... Anti-Postal Medication works wonders.... :uhoh :uhoh

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Bob, I read this over at the other place you posted it :D and was like WTF.

Well glad you got the quad at another dealer and got some stress out here.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
shoot man...with 8 quads in the past few years...just get yourself a dealers licensence and you coulda paid like $1800 OTD...hhehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts