YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lemme c pix of ur unique yfz's... custom cut/color plastics, n ol otha hott upgrades!

·
Registered
453 Posts
DAMN i love that quad!!! i have to stare at it for 20 min b 4 i can take my :O off it
but u know :red :rock j/j man :ihit youve got like the perfact set up

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey, thanks. I have added the kickstart and got rid of all the electric stuff. The propegs that are pictured wont work with the kicker, so I am going to be getting X-Factor. I had to cut the back healguards off these. Even though they dont look bad w/o the healguards, the kicker still hits at the bottom of the stroke. :wtf

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well mine isnt real custom like the one above,,,,,,,,,,but im sure nobody else here has one exactly like it anyways. Pic is in my sig.....and my MX's are on the way....seatcover is in the works,,,,..and here is a pic of my totally stock a arms...........

·
Registered
214 Posts
This bring me to a question.. The side cases are titanium right..... If they are titanium that means you can only powdercoat them and not chrome them... Just bringing tis up since I've been wanting to send out my side cases to get chromed....

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Str8Wicked@Feb 5 2004, 11:59 AM
This bring me to a question.. The side cases are titanium right..... If they are titanium that means you can only powdercoat them and not chrome them... Just bringing tis up since I've been wanting to send out my side cases to get chromed....
They are Magnesium (sp) but you still can't chrome them. Well you can but its expensive.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Feb 5 2004, 12:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Feb 5 2004, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Str8Wicked@Feb 5 2004, 11:59 AM
They are Magnesium (sp) but you still can't chrome them. Well you can but its expensive. [/b][/quote]
:stupid

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Str8Wicked@Feb 5 2004, 11:59 AM
You can however polish Mag just like aluminum,,,,,,,,,i just havent done mine yet,,,,,,,,but since i probably cant go riding this weekend i may just polish it up :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Here is mine that I polished a long time ago look at the date on the pic...

It does not hold a good polish like alluminum does though.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Feb 5 2004, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Feb 5 2004, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Str8Wicked@Feb 5 2004, 11:59 AM
They are Magnesium (sp) but you still can't chrome them. Well you can but its expensive. [/b][/quote]
Pahrump, you are correct about the cost. You can chrome them, but it is very labor intensive & expensive, about $300.00 a side, as well the amount of nickel overlay will dramaticaly increase the heat build up.

I thouhgt Yam made custom covers?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Feb 5 2004, 09:06 PM
Here is mine that I polished a long time ago look at the date on the pic...

It does not hold a good polish like alluminum does though.
True it does not. Mag is a white metal and does not get as bright as aluminum, and starts to tarnish immediately after polishing. But i will stick mine on the buffing wheel this weekend anyway and see what i can do. Its gotta look better than the grey paint right :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by CBW@Feb 6 2004, 06:20 AM

True it does not. Mag is a white metal and does not get as bright as aluminum, and starts to tarnish immediately after polishing. But i will stick mine on the buffing wheel this weekend anyway and see what i can do. Its gotta look better than the grey paint right :lol
Just to let you know, getting the paint off is a biotch, took me 2 hours of aircraft stripper and rubbing. After the grey paint there is some kind of white primer freakin etched into the damn mag.

To make a long story short its hard to do alot harder than I thought.

I also did my starter cover, thats alluminum and stays polished nicely.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Feb 6 2004, 07:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Feb 6 2004, 07:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CBW@Feb 6 2004, 06:20 AM

True it does not.  Mag is a white metal and does not get as bright as aluminum, and starts to tarnish immediately after polishing.  But i will stick mine on the buffing wheel this weekend anyway and see what i can do.  Its gotta look better than the grey paint right :lol
Just to let you know, getting the paint off is a biotch, took me 2 hours of aircraft stripper and rubbing. After the grey paint there is some kind of white primer freakin etched into the damn mag.

To make a long story short its hard to do alot harder than I thought.

I also did my starter cover, thats alluminum and stays polished nicely. [/b][/quote]
its alright,,,its a sideline for me,,,,,,,,,,i have a tank to dip it in,,,,,,,,,and i have all the stuff to get it off if its stubborn. Ill post pics when im done.

Just to ask,,,,,,,,,,did you polish yours on a buffing wheel with compounds or ???

·
Registered
214 Posts
See I figured I can buy some aluminum covers and get them chromed but I on the other side they just make a starter cover but I want the entire side case to be chromed. I may just have them powder coated if it becomes to much of a hassel but I'd rather have it chrome like I had my EX before.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by CBW@Feb 6 2004, 07:36 AM

Just to ask,,,,,,,,,,did you polish yours on a buffing wheel with compounds or ???
With a wheel and compounds...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Kory Ellis's Blue YFZ

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Looks nice, I love the fronts, the wheels look HUGE!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts