YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You're either going to have to get in touch with a specific builder, or do it yourself. JSR is known for making pipes. MMAD is known for making pipes. Rossier is known for making pipes. Just call around to see if someone can help you out. You're probably not going to like the price. If they even tell you upfront... Most places doing custom work like that will tell you a price per hour. Then it simply takes whatever it takes. If it's $100 per hour for 50 hours of labor, then you better have deep pockets. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
456 Posts
As standard said, having someone make a custom exhaust is going to be veeeery expensive. There are plenty of exhausts out there already and in the $500 dollar range that can give more than you could expect out of an exhaust. You can search the forum and see what the top exhausts look like when mounted and even their power output on many different builds in the Dyno section. You can find so much by searching around for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
There is no way to know what a custom exhaust will put out before its made. Hence "custom". I know a guy that made custom duals for his raptor 700. Used 2 stock exhausts with baffles pulled. Unique, not for me, but unique.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I made a custom exhaust that didn't do too bad. I basically combined a GYTR headpipe and half of the midpipe, and half of the midpipe and muffler from an old White Brothers system from a Warrior. I angled the muffler so it kind of looks like one of the old TC National pipes that were somewhat common on the 450 hybrids before the 450s were mass-produced. My pipe made about 45hp on the SandTrax dyno in Tulsa. It was on my '14 YFZR with a Power Commander 5 and no airbox lid. I have a Yoshi titanium RS-2 on there now.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks, man. Yeah, I had it posted up on a thread I started called "work in progress". I thought it looked really cool, and I didn't really care about performance, but it didn't do too bad for just kinda slapping it together. 45hp with just a controller, pipe, and no lid. Not terrible.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Honestly, I think you'd be paying too much for what you'd get, unless you're getting a good deal on used stuff. This is just my opinion, though. I've never heard anything good or bad about Lexx stuff, except for the price being one of the cheapest. Also, it may be a gamble as to whether or not they'll be compatible. I really like the MegaBomb headers from an aesthetics standpoint, but I don't really care for the looks of the Lexx mufflers. I think they're right on par with the old White Brothers E-Series mufflers... bleh. Anyway, this is all subjective, and it really comes down to whatever you want. If you want a relatively inexpensive system that will perform better than stock and save you some weight, then just about anything will fill the bill. If you're looking for top-notch construction and balls-out performance, I wouldn't look too far into the Lexx units. Again, just my opinion, which is worth exactly the same amount you paid for it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your opinion. I am very indecisive and research is key. I will be using the bike to ride in the streets. I am looking for ok good price standpoint as well as performance. Doesn't have to be top notch but durable.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You're riding in the streets? Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but I hope it's legal wherever you are. Being indecisive is okay. For me, whenever I realize that I'm flopping back and forth between one choice and another, I just tell myself that I'm getting nowhere and to weigh the pros and cons of each one and decide for certain which one to get. In the end, there is no choice that's really THE best. It just comes down to whatever is best for you at the time. If you want carbon fiber and have to settle for aluminum, it's not the end of the world. At least you're still riding. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.