YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently doing the cam mod. Had everything apart and all was going well.

I had a little trouble getting enough slack in the chaing so I remove the cover on the intake cam as well. I finally got it and moved the exhaust cam one tooth in the clockwise position. Everything seem find. I went to recheck the timing mark and the marks on the flywheel where no longer lined up. So in my great wisdom I started to turn the flywheel, before putting the cam covers back on. When you do this the valves move the cam and the chain gets real tight and then real loose. When it got loose I think it skipped another tooth on the flywheel. So now I am not sure if I have the timing set right. The marks longer match for cams and flywheel. It looks like I have moved the intake cam back a couple teeth. The flywheel and the exhaust line up with the case. Or if you look at the intake when it lines up with the case the exhaust it to far advanced.

How to I reset it to stock, and then I can back the exhaust cam one tooth again, I hope.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
take out both cams and start over.

align the single mark on the flywheel to the groove in the case and then install the cams. the top marks are 14 chain pins apart on the stock cam timing and 13 after the cam mod

·
Registered
446 Posts
Schwendi has it. Just maker sure you are 13 chain pins, not links, over. Mine did the same thing but didn't skip. When you start it up it will also try to do it until the slack is taken up but the cam chain tensioner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts