YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great weekend this weekend at Croom here in Central FL. Got a chance to really test out the new big 3 upgrade I just added. I was tuning all week before the weekend trip and I was able to get some Solid numbers on my MSD for anyone who is interested.
The bike ran great, idled great, no bog. and had maybe 3 back fires all day which were small pops. I rode from 8am to 5pm so id say thats good without having to get a dyno tune. The bike really opened up with the yoshi, msd and fci. I was leaving my buddies DS450 in the dust. Mind you its stock but we raced when we were both stock and it was dead even. Now with these mods I out accelerate and pull every gear. Very happy with this upgrade.

Plenty of dirt bikers out this past weekend and the weather was great! Sandy pit and a lot of whooped out trails. Def was sore the next day lol. I'm in need of a gopro lol I plan on buying one this month so I can get some good action video. Everyone seems to have one but me lol

Off topic: anyone have any feedback on Durhamtown in GA? Its like 6 hrs from me but if I can stay 3 days and rent a cabin it'll be fun. seems like a great place to ride.

I got a couples pics attached, me and my gf's trail blazer the day before, couple a small roosts at croom, and me on the kx 250 havin some 2 wheeled fun and my buddy on his yz450f (which who I wanna race)
haha

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am originally from FL. and still have properties there. We used to rip Croom up! Yearly pass, all gas, no brakes lol. I now live in SC, but have a house in Georgia as well. I've been to Durhamtown 4x's in the past 5 weeks, renting cabins 2 out of the 4 stays. It is very pleasant, however, they are getting lack luster regarding maintenance on the trails. Overall though, great experience, and the new comers really seem to enjoy it. I've been going there for over 5 years now.

5-6 Mx tracks. A GP track, 300ft dirt drag, mud pit, hill climbs, flat track, and over 200 miles of assorted trails. $30 to ride one day, or $50 for 2. Cabins are decent. Bring dvd's. They have flat screens but no cable. Food isn't horrible. However, I bring my own lol. Camp, cook, eat. Also, hunting, fishing, firing range, kitchen, pro shop, on site mechanics, bike wash, bar for drinks, etc etc.

Give it a try, I think you'll like it. Would wait for a rain, because this red clay up here is dry and very dusty, and they don't send the water truck around as often as they used to.

Hmu if you decide to make it. I'll meet you there, and give you a tour of some of the better trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.