YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son crashed our new YFZ. He is was bang up pretty bad and spent the night in the hospital. He gashed open his left wrist, got a concussion, bruised left elbow, and hurt his right shoulder. Not sure of the damage to his right shoulder yet because of swelling.

The bike broke the A-Arms, bent front wheels, broken rear shock.
Check out Video

·
Registered
137 Posts
The reason he nose dived is because he didnt have steady thorttle coming towards the jump, he let off the gas.

I imagine he figured that out about mid-air. :re Looks like it hurt. Hope he gets better soon! :moose

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you are correct. He was rapped out in 3rd and did not give it the punch just before leaving the ground. He is doing better but the right shoulder is giving him trouble. Spring break is coming up and we normally take a trip to Little Sahara in Waynoka, OK. I am trying to get the bike pieced back together but I am afraid he will not be able to ride by then.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
OUCH! Hope he gets better soon! Landing on the edge of the pond didn't help the already bad landing... :O Anyway, Get him back on that 450 and ride!!!

It's just one of those dayZ (Limp Bizkit :rock )

·
Registered
521 Posts
Man, I did the same thing at little sahara, jumping a dune, I let off and the nose came down and I flipped over 3 times.
Gashed my left wrist and suffered a mild concussion.
All caught on video tape which I then taped over on accident 8|
Nobody could believe my bike suffered no damage, but his was worst, I hope he'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have to say that is one scary looking crash. From the looks of it he could have been hurt a lot worse. Hope he heals up good and jumps back in the saddle.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
dam i hope he recovers soon

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the concerns. He is doing better but the shoulder is still an unknown until a MRI is done next week. We are praying for good news.
David

·
Registered
122 Posts
hope he recovers soon but y didnt he jump off?

·
Registered
741 Posts
my prayers are with him and i hope he has a speedy recovery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts