YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of some guys saying that their yfzs have cracked around were the stock foot pegs bolt on. Was wondering if there is any truth to this or not.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
This is the first i heard of this....i guess im fortunate enough to say "not my YFZ :lol :lol ". :yfz

·
Registered
9 Posts
First I've heard of it as well, I'll keep an eye on mine but I doubt I'll have a problem. I'm not quite as crazy with mine as most of you :O

·
Registered
812 Posts
I remember reading this somewhere also, but only the one time. I bent my right foot peg back a little, but I just bent it back into position and now I have nerfs on, but definitely no cracking on the mounts or frame.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i raced a blaster for 3 years and broke both footpegs off about 3 times
it is due to lack of holding threads in the frame
on the blaster there is only 2-3 threads in front bolt and 4-5 on rear
siple enough fix any machine shoppe can due it up for ya
no problems with yfz

·
Registered
99 Posts
i found a crack in the frame,by my left foot peg.i took to my dealer and after several photos and 2 visits by the yamaha rep they oked the replacement of my frame.the bad part was it took almost a month for the repair,it took the third frame shipped from yamaha,due to the other two frames bieng damaged.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by CARLSON@Jan 22 2004, 08:04 PM
i found a crack in the frame,by my left foot peg.i took to my dealer and after several photos and 2 visits by the yamaha rep they oked the replacement of my frame.the bad part was it took almost a month for the repair,it took the third frame shipped from yamaha,due to the other two frames bieng damaged.
8| 8|
Thats bogus.but its good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts