YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot belive it! I check out every aspect of my 450 before every other ride. Ther was nothing wrong with my swingarm before i went out to ride it one day, and when i came back it was CRACKED! :bawl I couldnt belive it! :angry I was washing it after my ride and noticed a big long crack down the top, behind the shock! The only thing that i did with it that whole day, was ride it in a field with a bunch of my buddies all day (No Jumps) I went to the dealer, and told them, they said that the swingarm shouldnt have cracked no matter what i was doing with it. So today i have to bring it to the dealer for assesment, and they will send the diagnosis to Yamaha who is the only people who can make a decision whether its covered under warranty or not. I hope to god its covered, ITS ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD!!!!! :angry

Brett

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by DRPR@Sep 25 2003, 04:27 PM
... I went to the dealer, and told them, they said that the swingarm shouldnt have cracked no matter what i was doing with it....
lol, it's an aluminum swingarm, of course it will break/crack. I've broken a few swingarms (stock and aftermarket) on other quads due to MXing. I just really hope the YFZ450's lasts long enough that I can buy an aftermarket replacement first.

A relating story: On my z400, I went back to the dealer within the first 30 days of buying it because the frame and a-arms were already showing signs of bending. They called Suzuki and Suzuki's reply was basically they said "tough luck" (because I was "riding it too hard"). Maybe Yamaha will own up to your problem better than Suzuki did mine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They replaced mine after it fractured from only 6 hours use.

Geoff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANK GOD, they are replacing it, and they said a new swingarm will be in tomorrow, and it will be ready to ride by saturday! :D

Brett
:rock :rock

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is why serious racers just replace them right away, they can't afford a crack and a lost race.
get a +1 chrome moly CNC swingarm from RPM (dominator axles) they wont crack, sounds like you need a race swingarm.

It will be one pound lighter also.

·
Registered
212 Posts
+do they crack in the same place ?? please post a pic

·
Registered
274 Posts
if you get a new swingarm say rpm just get stock length, cause if you go +1 it will throw off the balance of the machine.

what ever you do to the rear for lengths and what not, you must do to the front to balance the quad right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts