YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very small crack on my float bowl next to the drain screw so it leaks a very small amount of gas from the carb bowl. Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this. I cant find any oem parts diagrams that have a number for the float bowl. I have seen the R&D powerbowl but that is a little pricey just for a replacement. Anyone know of where to buy a replacement, or by chance upgraded to the R&D and still has there stock carb bowl? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (zum @ Feb 18 2009, 02:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748033
jb weld the crack

should be good as new[/b]

Ive been doing that for a while, the problem is the crack is on the inside right near the drain whole, so when the drain bolt is in, some gas still escapes. I JB welded it and the the hole was covered, so i drilled a tiny whole so it could drain when i let the drain bolt out. still leaks a little. I recently cut some tubing and glued it shut and stuck that on the end of the hole where it drains on the outside of the bowl. that works to. nothing really leaks anymore, but i am not positive. Im tearing my quad down and cleaning/checking everything. Its just time to do something about the bowl, it has been bugging me for a while.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (zum @ Feb 18 2009, 03:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748049
well its aluminum so have you looked at getting it welded shut?

that might work too...[/b]

Yeah I have considered that. I want the drain bolt to be functional and that might be hard if i got it welded. I really just want to get a cheap used one that is in all good and working condition.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I have a parts catalog, but it doesn't show the part #, weird

·
Registered
946 Posts
Pm me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts