YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Nov. issue of dirt wheels and on the cover it says how honda designed the TRX 450 to beat the YFZ. I would just like to say "I DONT THINK SO + ITS BUT UGLY!!!" I'm sorry its just that I suported honda for so long and now I am back with Yamaha (where I should be on a YFZ 450)
Although I am sure the honda will be good, it will be fast, it will handle good, But none of that will compare, let alone beet the YFZ. Did anyone else get the Derisi shock mods, how do you like? I may go with them next season if I go with +2" A arms. The YFZ handles so well in stock form, I might just get the Kenda Klaw tires and leave it at that I'm still undecided. :yfz :rock

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I think if I remember correctly it just said the quad DESIGNED by Honda to beat the YFZ 450, I do not believe they said it would beat it or is better then the YFZ.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you guys seen the New ATV Action????!!!! They claim dry weight for the Honda 450 @ 3400lbs and the Yamaha at 450lbs.... :eek Nice mag ha??? Needless to say I won't be buying that mag anymore....go check it out :lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is exactly what the cover of dirt wheels says " inside the new performance quad honda designed to beat the YFZ 450" :rock

·
Registered
274 Posts
think of what you can do to the yamaha motor and still be race legal for the new 450cc limit. the honda is ALREADY at 450cc's. yfz can be stroked or bored to complete the true 450cc's and on top of that the rest of the good little motor mods to make it that much faster.

you can make the yfz lighter easier by removing the electric start and all, honda already has NO electric start to remove and it does weigh 350lbs already, so if you remove some more stuff from the yfz it will be considerably lower weight.

im not worried at all about the TRX450R :rock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts