YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of you mx racers or even trail riders, how does the yfz corner, i read it slides easy, and that sound like a major plus, i raced a 400ex with a LOBO front end and PEP ZPS last season and i never did well in the corners, i didnt have enough power to slide it, so i pretty much had to either drive the corner or tap the brake to set up. I know i had the right bike otehr than the engine, i think more power will help me break out of the corners a little better, a controled slide if you will. So do you think i am right? Because all around i dont see anywhere wher this quad will be inferior to my 17K$ 400ex, other than the suspension plushness, which might be cureable, and the seat...concrete....i cant wait to get it back out on the track where i used to get passed in the straights and show them boyz the power of BLUE!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It corners awesome! These tires are incrediable. They hook up but you can power slide them. It handles berms and flat turns awesome!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I dont want to preach to the choir but the point of getting through a turn faster than the other guy comes from not breaking traction. You want to drive through the corner not slide. :sucks hehehehhehehe ahahahhahahahahhha damn I am funny. Anyways, I just would like to say that the YFZ is better than my full Laeger R and my full LSR R.
Isaac

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On alot of tighter turn though, like 180*s and such i see the pros whipping them out, even my A and pro am riding buddies corner like that

·
Registered
46 Posts
when you go in low, its best to break traction and slide it out cus of the tighter turning radius.

bustin a berm you don't want it to slide...... :nono

·
Registered
165 Posts
I find that on mine the front end lifts alot. I have a corner on my track that is a little rough, and I can't keep the front end down no matter where I sit on the bike. Its just to powerfull.

·
Registered
812 Posts
All I know is that the turning feels more controlled than any other bike I've ridden, but I'm surprised you say the 400EX doesn't slide well enough. I've ridden a couple of them and I always thought they slid too much, I had a hard time keeping them on the line I was trying to stay in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the plus 1 forward aarms and the plus 1 out swingarm on it, and i think thats why it was funny...

Rode the yfz today and my thoughts are it definantly needs to be wider and lower, and then it will corner like no other

1 - 11 of 11 Posts