YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Newbie here but I've been lurkin' for a while.

Here's the deal, I got my quad late June, early July last summer. I got to ride it a a few times but then got deployed to Afghanistan in August. I just got back in Late November and my quad's been sitting ever since. Just been too damned cold up here this winter to pull it out. Anyway, I was just wondering how many times you guys with the coolent leaks got to ride before it started leaking. Also, I'm sure my battery is dead.... What's the deal with these things? Can I charge it up, or do I have to pick up a new one?

Thanks for getting me back into the loop,
AK

·
Registered
264 Posts
Most of the YFZ's do not leak. Whenever you are going to put your quad up for a while disconnect the battery it will last a lot longer and usually hold a charge. The best way to charge it is with a low amp trickel charger with an auto shut off. Walmart sell's them for about $20 bucks and they are made for motorcycle batteries. Don't know if you got a Walmart near ya. If not bike shops get about $60.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heinriken, it's comforting to hear that 'most" YFZ's don't leak. I'll be swinging by the local WalMart to pick up my trickel chager tomorrow. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts