YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have never changed coolant on a quad before. My coolant level is really low. Need to change my coolant looked all over YouTube to find a video to walk me through the process all I found was videos for Raptors nothing for a YFZ well at least not this new. I am super lost, my understanding is 1.get radiator cap loose and drain out that 8mm bolt , but after that idk what to do I know there is another bolt that I need to open up to make sure no air bubbles get in but I don’t know the location and also idk how much fluid to add to the radiator since it doesn’t have a guide line and also how
Would I drain reserve tank aswell I would really like a video on this or a detailed explanation thank you guys & gals

·
Registered
106 Posts
Only take the one 8mm bolt off the water pump and that's it. If you want to drain the resivor you need a little and pump same thing with the rad. But if you just putting it fresh of the same brand wouldn't worry about it. Next with the cap off fill the rad. Then with the cap off run the bike and add more until it's topped off and no more are bubbles and coming up and ur done. If the system doesn't have enough coolant it will start taking it from your resivor just watch that every time you ride and make sure it's topped off and you won't have a problem. These are closed systems like a dirtbike there no bolt to breath out air that's why the cap is the most highest point on the system.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you doo pump everything out tip the quad with a jack or a Cinder block to the right soo all the left over rad coolant is on the cap side to pump it all out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only take the one 8mm bolt off the water pump and that's it. If you want to drain the resivor you need a little and pump same thing with the rad. But if you just putting it fresh of the same brand wouldn't worry about it. Next with the cap off fill the rad. Then with the cap off run the bike and add more until it's topped off and no more are bubbles and coming up and ur done. If the system doesn't have enough coolant it will start taking it from your resivor just watch that every time you ride and make sure it's topped off and you won't have a problem. These are closed systems like a dirtbike there no bolt to breath out air that's why the cap is the most highest point on the system.
Thank you I appreciate it
I used my shop vac and sucked everything out I changed my hoses and put engine ice coolant in mine
copy that thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts