YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local shop gets the hook up through tcs so i thought id have him call and get a price quote on how much it will cost to convert my "YFZ rebuildible shocks" to TCS ZPS. Well they said the fronts they cant convert do to the Spring bodies beiing a odd diameter in return they cant convert fronts to zps. How ever they can convert the rear. This is sorta disappointing,i bought the yfz because i didnt see me having to buy aftermarket shocks because yamaha said they are rebuildible which they are,just not re springable :angry So im gonna check and see if pep can do these if not i gotta go spend 800 on shocks easly

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Hold the press brother, i am a TCS dealer too and they CAN do it, they cannot change them to a triple rate spring, but only a dual rate spring zero preload and custom built, you send those to me and i will hook you up, and half the price of desresi, call me up toll free 1-877-243-3337,

·
Registered
416 Posts
De Risi costs like 500.00 to ZPS them, I think I would sell my stock shocks and buy axis before I did that :sup

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BansheeBC@Sep 21 2003, 08:17 AM
Hold the press brother, i am a TCS dealer too and they CAN do it, they cannot change them to a triple rate spring, but only a dual rate spring zero preload and custom built, you send those to me and i will hook you up, and half the price of desresi, call me up toll free 1-877-243-3337,
I had my shop call them and im not 100% but i think they talked to Todd??? But n-e ways the owner of the shop i go to is one of my good friends so i get everything at dealer cost ,so i had him call TCS to see what $ i need. THen he told me that they couldnt do the front ZPS and i was about to cry. Maybe they got mixed on the phone,but ill call TCS and Baldwin tommarrow and double check and post info here :rock

·
Registered
869 Posts
I don't understand everything you are saying. You say works are junk you need better than that for the jumping you do. Then you talk like spending $800 is a lot of money for shocks! That would have to be the cheapest you could by even a decent shock for, not even top of the line shocks. I am sure that $800 shocks would not hold up to the type of jumping you do!!!!!!! I don't understand what you are saying about the springs why you cant make then have no pre-load (ZPS is only in PEP shocks it is the oficial name of there set up, so no other shock company can actually have ZPS shocks) I have completely different springs on my YFZ right now they are just dual rate for the woods. I think they work pretty damn good!!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then you talk like spending $800 is a lot of money for shocks! That would have to be the cheapest you could by even a decent shock for, not even top of the line shocks. I am sure that $800 shocks would not hold up to the type of jumping you do!!!!!!!
$800 is not chump change for shocks. As i stated before 800 is gonna be spent easly for ZPS. You can get TCS ZPS for around $849 and then PEP ZPS at $895. When the yfz was released i had the impression that the shocks were capible of being converted to ZPS. WEll they are not!! I called TCS and PEP and the spring diameter on the YFZ front shocks is a odd size they both said,so they cant convert them.

(ZPS is only in PEP shocks it is the oficial name of there set up, so no other shock company can actually have ZPS shocks)
TCS is also ZPS shocks as well not just PEP. PEP shocks are alsome i ran them on my Hybrd. Here is my old quad that i ran PEP ZPS Longtravels

Attachments

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
849 :O Crap dude, I am a dealer with TCS I sell triple rate zero preload fronts witha djustable compression ressies for 699 shipped, and the rear rebuilds for 380 shipped, Longtravel in either triple or quad rate springs same setup with Zero preload and ajdustable compression ressies for 780 shipped, :lol Thats the bob takes care of me price :rock

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by BansheeBC@Sep 21 2003, 11:17 AM
What kind of rebuild price we talking??

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
how much can u get PEP long travels for Bob? thats wat i wanna put on my YFZ

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Well dude, i am a PEPs dealer, but damn who wants to wait 18 weeks to get a set of shocks, hell i would have forgotten about them by then, :lol but the ones like ellis has on his bike, and this includes a replacment rear with the 8 inch 8 click ressies will run ya around 3500 i think for the front and rear, longtravel fronts triple rate and dual rate rear, but i am not sure on that 3500 maybe a little cheaper, but still, not to light on the pocket,

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Sep 23 2003, 03:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Sep 23 2003, 03:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BansheeBC@Sep 21 2003, 11:17 AM
What kind of rebuild price we talking?? [/b][/quote]
I am sorry outlaw was correct, you cannot covert the fronts to ZPS only the rear, spring sizes are all screwed up on those, but the fronts in dual rate custom built for your weight and riding style and the rear in dual rate custom built will run 780 shipped for both front and rear, and this includes the eibach springs and everything to change them over to custom jobs, 8)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All that drama people was giving me and then in return i was right. Its cool. I may been off on my prices for TCS ZPS as i was just estimating. Try 22 weeks for a set of PEP ZPS. Thats what i waited after Baldwin promised me 8 weeks. I dont know what im gonna do about suspension yet. :uhoh

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Hey i know what you mean bro, even though PEPs is freakin awsome, i just dont think the 4 month wait is worth it, i mean, these TCS shocks have done everything i expect a custom shock to do and i know 100% when i go out on the track these babies will get the job done, i didnt have that feeling running other shocks, thats why i ebcame a dealer with TCS because i personally love these shocks, i mean there affordable, turn around time is 30 days and they are :O Yeah anyways you know what i am talkin about,

Rock OUT!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by BansheeBC@Sep 24 2003, 03:22 AM
Hey i know what you mean bro, even though PEPs is freakin awsome, i just dont think the 4 month wait is worth it, i mean, these TCS shocks have done everything i expect a custom shock to do and i know 100% when i go out on the track these babies will get the job done, i didnt have that feeling running other shocks, thats why i ebcame a dealer with TCS because i personally love these shocks, i mean there affordable, turn around time is 30 days and they are :O Yeah anyways you know what i am talkin about,

Rock OUT!
yup....im running TCS on my yfz when i get the cash...i had tcs 16' SCS on my 416ex....i loved them.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts