YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my old gernaded engine from my 09 yfz 450r and I was wondering what yall thought about it and if yall could give me some info/links/any input. I don't really wanna go any higher compression as mine is 12.5 and all stock besides fci intake full data exhaust and an msd blaster. I will be getting a vortex for it from BNR Motorsports.

I was wanting to do stock stroke big bore 478 if I could and I'd like to put stage 2 cams in it. What kind of valves should I use I will be having BNR Motorsports port and polishing the head. I do have a Rekluse manual torq drive clutch in my current running engine that I will be putting into this engine build with new friction disks and plates. Again any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, bpracing: YFZ 450
sell lots of engine parts. Also if you bore out your stock cylinder head, it will overheat faster. So if you decide to go that route, modquad sells an inline cooler with a temp guage, it would be good to have to make sure it doesn't overheat. Also buy a boyesen supercooler or a pro design impeller. Also run engine ice, it's a great help. Also, F.A.S.T. YFZ450
Sells great products, mostly for banshees, but they do have yfz450(r) parts that are nice. Let us know what you do, and show pics when you're done. Hope it goes well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on sending the entire engine plus my head to BNR Motorsports after I put it all bac together to have their XC1 Port and Polish with the stage 2 hot cams and I will be buying a vortex ecu from them and have their tune and set up im hoping to have it built buy the end of winter so I can swap them out

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
What did they estimate the rebuild cost to be? minus the port polish and cams. I have an old motor that i should get redone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts